Oh the Flavours of this Asparagus Courgette & Goats Cheese Quiche!!!
If you like asparagus, this is YOUR quiche!! I strongly suggest you go and make it immediately so we can talk about how amazing it is…And swoon over its deliciousness together. SWOON!
Before I get too carried away, let’s talk about some other quiches and tarts you may like to try….Take a peek at my Tomato & White Cheddar Crustless Tart, my Butternut & Red Pepper Quiche with Potato Base, and my Zucchini & Feta Quiche with Phyllo Pastry.
This quiche makes 8 decent size slices so it’s perfect for a gathering with friends or a large family meal. It has a rustic impressiveness about it, and the slices cut like a dream – so clean. It keeps in the fridge extremely well so left overs can be devoured the next day, if there are any!! Really great for a packed lunch.
Very easy to make, this Asparagus Courgette & Goats Cheese Quiche takes a little longer to prepare than the other dishes in my 4 Simple Dinners that I have been making this week. This being #3. But it’s so good, and SO healthy that I just couldn’t leave it off the list!
Little secret – I spent my whole life disliking asparagus – UNTIL I tried roasted fresh asparagus and I was converted to a full on asparagus supporter! The difference between roasted asparagus and bottled is like chalk and cheese, there’s no comparison. So if you’re doubting weather you’ll like this quiche, do yourself a favour and give it a try…
I have a feeling you might just LOVE it!!!! Just like I do.
Let me know if you make this quiche, I’d love to know what you think.
- 680g fresh asparagus
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- Course sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2½ cups courgettes thinly sliced
- 400g shortcrust pastry
- 50 goats cheese broken into small pieces
- 75g feta cheese sliced into small cubes
- 10 eggs
- Set oven to 175°C. Use a 28cm diameter x 4cm deep quiche or pie dish.
- Break off the ends of the asparagus and discard them. Place the asparagus on a baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and season with a little course sea salt and black pepper. Bake for about 12 minutes, turning once. Take out of the oven and allow to cool a little, then slice the asparagus into 1cm pieces.
- Turn the oven up to 180°C.
- Fry the onion and garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil until glassy and fragrant. Add the courgettes and stir fry until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with a whisk and season with course sea salt.
- Roll out the pastry on a clean, floured surface to an appropriate size for your quiche dish, line the quiche dish with the pastry leaving the excess pastry on for baking, score the base of the pastry with a fork and place a piece of wax proof paper over the pastry and top with baking beans or uncooked rice and bake the pastry blind for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and take off the wax proof paper and rice. With a butter knife, remove the excess pastry so you have a clean edge.
- Pour the courgettes and onions into the pastry case to form an even layer on the bottom, top with half of the feta cheese, then layer on the asparagus, pour over the eggs, and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the quiche is cooked through and the cheese is golden. Open the oven door and let the quiche cool in the oven for about 10 minutes, then take out and serve, or allow to cool and serve warm or at room temperature.