An easy going Black Olive Rosemary New Potato Salad.
Every now and then you come across a gem of a dish that far surpasses in flavour and presence the time and effort that goes into it!! This is one such dish for sure…
What goes into it you ask? Just new potatoes, Kalamata olives, fresh rosemary, olive oil, salt & ground black pepper – that is IT! How long does it take to make? Only 15 minutes prep and 15 minutes cooking time, and once you’ve made it a couple of times you’ll be able to whip it up even faster.
More salad inspiration for you – try my delicious Roast Butternut Cous Cous Salad with Herby Dressing, my Red Cabbage Spinach & Beetroot Detox Salad, my Pecan Cranberry & Avocado Salad with Orange Dressing, and my Mexican Chopped Corn, Vine Tomato & Kale Salad.
I have my sister in law to thank for this idea! While we were visiting friends on a trip to their farm in Zimbabwe a couple of years ago, we had a delicious potato salad for lunch with potatoes fresh off the lands, which prompted Ele to tell me how she makes an Italian version with just potatoes, olive oil and black olives. I really liked the idea and this week I finally (just two YEARS later!!) got around to trying it out, with baby potatoes and the addition of the fresh rosemary.
This Black Olive Rosemary New Potato Salad really is unique, simple, healthy and completely moreish!! Your guests will be so impressed, they’ll all be asking for the recipe!
Any time something can be put together in minutes and still look beautiful and taste amazing, I’m all in. That’s why I love this recipe, and I hope you will too.
Try it out soon, and be sure to let me know what you think, or ask me any questions you may have in the comments! I’d love to hear from you.
Happy cooking, and it’s RECIPE time……
- 1kg new potatoes (baby potatoes)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- 180g Kalamata olives sliced into quarters
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary (leaves pulled from the stems) finely chopped.
- Thoroughly wash the new potatoes and pierce each one with a fork. Then steam or microwave whole with the skins on until tender with the chopped rosemary.
- Let the potatoes and rosemary cool a bit then slice them into quarters, drizzle over the olive oil, salt & pepper and gently fold in the olives.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.