This is one HAPPY, healthy Broccoli Pineapple Pecan Pumpkin Seed Salad!!
It’s pretty, it’s bright, it’s crunchy, it’s SO inviting, PERFECT for this time of year! There are also a lot of “P’s” in the name of this salad so it’s fun to say! Tell me you don’t want to dive right in, right now. Summery, nutty, fresh and completely delicious, this salad is the perfect side dish for any occasion. But especially great if you’re looking for an Easter side dish for this weekend!
This salad is made with blanched broccoli, fresh pineapple (YUM!), pecans (double YUM!), green apple, red cabbage, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. It doesn’t get much more fresh and summery than that! The dressing brings this salad together beautifully and is made with Greek yoghurt, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt & ground black pepper.
ME – OH – MY. I think I’m in LOVE with this salad.
Here are a few more amazing Easter recipes you should definitely try out this weekend! My No Knead Easter Hot Cross Buns, my Easy Cream Cheese Frosted Carrot Pecan Cupcakes, my Coconut Almond Greek Yoghurt Sheet Cake, my Double Glazed Spanish Puff Pastry Twists, my Black Olive Rosemary New Potato Salad and my Grape Spinach Zucchini Harvest Salad.
What’s everyone up to this Easter weekend? I hope you have some fun plans up your sleeve! I’ll be spending this Easter with family, it seems that for the past several years Easter has been a bit of a non event for me for one reason or another. So, I’m very excited to take some time off, go on a few adventures with my sweet little nephew, and start some new traditions!
I’m pretty sure an Easter egg hunt is going to feature somewhere in my weekend. Which means Easter egg shopping!!! They always look so pretty and delicious, how can you resist?! Especially with an (almost) two year old scamping around.
Also on my list…Taking LOTS of photos. Expect a post or two on my wanderings over the course of the next week, I can’t wait to take my nephew to the aquarium and the beach! He’s such a cutie.
I can’t encourage you enough to try this DELICIOUS and oh so healthy Broccoli Pineapple Pecan Pumpkin Seed Salad out this weekend!! You will LOVE it, and so will your family and friends!
Jump up, put on that apron and try it out right now! Here’s the recipe…
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 head (3 cups) broccoli florets
- 1 small (1 cup) pineapple sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1 green apple sliced
- 1 small (1 cup) red cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 heaped tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Place the broccoli florets in a bowl and pour over boiling water, covering the broccoli completely with the water. Leave for 1 minute then drain the water. This will make your broccoli bright green and it will be slightly less crunchy than when raw.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, pour over the salad ingredients and toss until all the ingredients are coated nicely.
- Pour the salad onto a salad platter and serve.