Cheesy Polenta & Garlic Sautéed Mushrooms??!! Yes!
And a little fresh rocket garnish to top it all off and make it purrrrfect. Creamy, cheesy, smooth golden polenta topped with rich brown Portobellini Mushrooms sautéed in olive oil, garlic and onions. YUM!! Yum is the word.
This week I’ve decided to share 4 simple weeknight dinners with you guys. In the hopes that I can make your lives a little easier by giving you some fresh ideas for delicious dinners that don’t take too long to prepare and that are a little different to the norm.
We all get stuck for ideas sometimes – seeing as I spend the majority of my day thinking about food – I’m here to help! Let me think up the recipes and you just have to jump right into the kitchen and whip the deliciousness up in no time!!
This Cheesy Polenta & Garlic Sautéed Mushrooms is the first of the 4, here are a few more ideas for simple dinners in the meantime…. You’ll love my Baked Baby Potato & Caramelised Onion Omelette, The Best Super Quick Chicken Curry with Sweet Potatoes, my One Pot Mustard Coconut Chicken Skillet with Quinoa and my One Pan Creamy Basil Chicken & Rice Casserole.
Back to todays recipe – it’s super healthy and only a little bit naughty with the addition of some Dutch Gouda in the polenta. It’s SOO worth it for the flavour that it adds to this really simple and easy to make dish.
Simple to make, but FULL of flavour and really healthy. Whenever I make a mushroom dish I always think I should eat mushrooms more often – they should be a once a week addition to my menu! I’m going to make an effort to add them in…they really are delicious and so great for us!
Will you try this Cheesy Polenta & Garlic Sautéed Mushrooms recipe? Let me know if you do, I want to hear all about it!!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 250g portobellini mushrooms or brown mushrooms
- 250g button mushrooms
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups polenta
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups grated dutch gouda (or a strong white cheese of your choice)
- 1 large handful fresh rocket
- Place 6 cups of water on to boil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and add the onion and garlic, sauté on a medium heat until fragrant.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms into 3mm thick slices and add them to the frying pan, sautéing on a medium heat until cooked through and dark in colour. About 10 minutes.
- Add the salt to the boiling water and then slowly pour in the polenta in a steady stream, whisking gently all the time to ensure no lumps form.
- Turn the heat down to low and continue whisking until the polenta thickens.
- Cover the polenta and continue to cook for about 35 mins, stirring vigorously every 10 minutes making sure to get all the polenta off the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Once the polenta is cooked and creamy, stir in the olive oil and the cheese.
- Serve topped with the sautéed mushrooms and chopped rocket.