A creamy Chicken Pasta with Herby Pesto goodness!
Now this is a dish I could (and probably will) eat over and over again this year…Packed with fresh herbs, creamy avocado and greek yoghurt, it’s filling and comforting and really good for you.
That’s everything we want all in one dish, no? I think so.
I must confess that I’m having a bit of a rocky start to 2017 as far as eating healthy goes….This is my Mom’s birthday week and so there have been coffee dates with friends, lunch on her birthday, PLUS I made some AMAZING Mini Lemon & Ginger Cheesecakes with Peach Coulis (which I will share with you soon soon, don’t panic!) and the recipe makes 16!!!! so they seem to be floating around everywhere. BUT – everything in moderation is OK and birthdays are meant to be celebrated, am I right?
On Tuesday I shared my Roasted Butternut Cous Cous Salad with Pesto Dressing to get the year off to a nice healthy and delicious start. I made a scrumptious Pesto Dressing to fold through the Cous Cous Salad, and I loved it so much that I wondered what else I could make with a Pesto Sauce.
That’s when I decided chicken and pasta would be AMAZING with those herby, creamy flavours….So yesterday I made this Chicken Pasta with The Best Herby Avocado & Yoghurt Pesto Sauce and everyone loved it!
It’s a great pasta dish to serve hot or cold which makes it quite versatile. You could also skip the chicken altogether and serve it as a pasta salad. I know I plan to do that soon! Yum yum.
If you make this dish, be sure to let me know in the comments what you think, I’d love to hear from you!
Have a happy weekend everyone, and remember to be kind to yourself as we head into the new year with big goals and ambitions, one step and one day at a time. Little set backs are OK, so long as you keep the big picture in mind, you will get there!!
Find the recipe for The Best Herby Avocado & Yoghurt Pesto Sauce here!
- 2 chicken breasts
- Gluten free (or normal) Penne Pasta
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Dried Herbs
- 1 Serving of The Best Herby Yoghurt & Avocado Pesto Sauce (Find Link to Recipe in post above)
- Set oven to 200°C and place a sheet pan with a metal cooling rack in the oven to heat up.
- Debone and skin the chicken breasts. Slice into 1cm slices.
- Brush chicken with olive oil and season with salt, black pepper and dried herbs. Grill right on the metal rack until cooked through and golden, turning once. About 5 minutes on each side.
- Put your pasta on to cook following the instructions on the box. Once cooked, drain then stir through the Herby Yoghurt & Avocado Pesto Sauce.
- Spoon the pasta into two bowls, place the grilled chicken on top and serve hot or cold.