The most delicious Clean Eating Carrot Turmeric Ginger Soup ever!!
This soup is silky smooth, thick, creamy and overflowing with flavour and goodness – this may just become a weekly staple on my menu!!
Soup is so good for the soul isn’t it? Everything seems better after a big bowl of warm and comforting soup. And this Clean Eating Carrot Turmeric Ginger Soup is certainly no exception to that rule!! How can something SO scrumptious be so good for you??
What’s in it? Carrots, Onions, Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric, Vegetable broth, olive oil. That’s it!! So simple, and so quick to make. You can season it with some salt and pepper but I found it didn’t even need seasoning with the turmeric and ginger giving it a bit of a kick and a slight salty flavour from the broth….it was just perfect.
I love this soup with a hearty piece of g-free toast, it’s the perfect finishing touch for me, but you can serve it with french bread, whole grain toast, flat bread, whatever your heart desires (or whatever you have on hand!).
What a great lunch option, or a perfect anytime quick & simple dinner for the family. I’m pretty sure even the fussiest eater won’t turn their nose up at this one!
Do you have any favourite simple soup recipes? Let me know what you think of it if you try this one out!
Let’s get cooking! Recipe time….
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 10 carrots peeled & chopped small
- 5 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2½ cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt & pepper to taste (I don’t use any)
- Fry the onions and garlic in the olive oil until glassy. Add the carrots and ginger and stir fry for about 4 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, stir in the turmeric and simmer on a medium heat for about 15 minutes until the carrots are very tender. Season with salt & pepper (optional).
- Blend until silky smooth - you may need to add a little extra water if it’s too thick.
- Serve hot with your choice of bread.