A perfect weeknight night dinner… Garlic Ginger Masala Veggie Burger Bowls.
If it’s an incredibly healthy, delicious, vegetarian, satisfying, fresh and quick to prepare meal you’re after tonight then you’ve found it!! These are the ultimate healthy Curried Veggie Burgers and you’re going to LOVE them!
While we’re on the subject of delicious simple meals you should check out my One Pot Mustard Coconut Chicken Skillet with Quinoa, my One Pan Creamy Basil Chicken & Rice Casserole, my Sweet & Sour Cape Malay Chicken Curry and my Cheesy Polenta & Garlic Sautéed Mushrooms.
Anyone else notice the little heart on the veggie burger in the front? That was a total accident, but I’m loving it.
All you need for these bowls are sweet potato, potatoes, onion, garlic, carrots, broccoli, curry powder, egg, red cabbage, baby marrows and olive oil! SO much goodness packed into one little bowl!! I feel so good and have so much energy after I eat meals like this one.
If you have leftovers these are great for kids’ lunch boxes or packed lunches for work because they taste pretty darn good at room temperature too. On a hot day I would probably choose to eat these at room temperature or just warm, but today it’s rainy and a bit chilly so I had mine piping hot, drizzled with The Best Herby Avocado & Yoghurt Pesto Sauce and I was one happy girl.
You can make these Veggie Burgers any size you like, I chose to make them mini burgers which made 12….if you make larger burgers you will probably get about 8 burgers…which would still serve 4. If you make tiny mini burgers these will be really great (and cute!!) as an appetiser – you can serve them on toothpicks with a bowl of The Best Herby Avocado & Yoghurt Pesto Sauce in the middle for dipping – one bite no mess no fuss.
Whatever take you have on making these Garlic Ginger Masala Veggie Burger Bowls, let me know how they turn out, I’d love to hear from you!!
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 2 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1½ tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 cup broccoli florets finely chopped (discard the stalks)
- 2 tsps good quality Masala Curry Powder (I used Garlic Ginger Masala Powder)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 carrot spiraled
- 2 cups red cabbage finely sliced
- 2 baby marrows sliced into sticks
- 1 small head fancy lettuce of your choice
- Place about 4 cups of water in a medium size saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the potatoes and sweet potato, cover and boil until very tender. About 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non stick frying pan then add the onion and garlic and fry until fragrant and golden. Add the carrot and broccoli and fry for 5 minutes. Then add the curry powder and fry, stirring for 1 minute.
- Mash the potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and salt & pepper until they are smooth.
- Stir the onions, carrots and broccoli into the mashed potato.
- Allow to cool slightly and when you can handle the mixture, form little burgers with your hands, dip the burgers quickly into the egg. Fry in ½ tbsp olive oil in the same frying pan you used for the onions on a medium hight heat. About 1 minute on each side.
- Serve with the spiralled carrot, red cabbage, baby marrows and lettuce leaves in bowls.