Isn’t any day a good day for healthy pizza?
I would have to say uhhhhmmm YES!! Of course! I once heard someone say if you don’t like cheese or pizza then you’re probably not my kind of person. Ha! A bit harsh perhaps but I’m tempted to agree just a little tiny bit. I mean….Pizza!?!? It’s so delish!
This is your mid week kind of no mess no fuss pizza that’s actually great for you, tastes just amazing, and you can make the dough ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. You can even freeze this healthy pizza dough and pop it in the fridge the morning you plan to make your pizzas.
I’m completely obsessed with this topping….Sweet seedless red grapes, loads of peppery fresh rocket, and dollops of rich creamy goats cheese. I can’t even tell you how great it tastes….the perfect bite! Sweet and salty and creamy-cheesy all in one – plus the crunch of the wholewheat pizza base. Too good!!
For more great toppings check out my Healthy Homemade Pear & Blue Cheese Pizza and my Healthy Homemade Tomato Basil & Mozzarella Pizza. You can always use this wholewheat pizza base with those toppings….win win!
The weather is just amazing here this week. It’s warm, the humidity is low, the skies are clear and bright blue. The ocean was amazingly beautiful this morning – aqua marine by the breakers and then a bright deep blue behind, speckled with a few white horses. I wish I had had my camera with me! Next time for sure.
What does everyone have planned for the weekend? I know it’s only Thursday – I must be looking forward to it. I suspect I might be churning out a few delicious morsels, a few beach walks, coffee with friends and definitely some yoga!
If you try this recipe don’t forget to let me know what you think of it!
- FOR THE PIZZA BASE:
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 50g packet dried yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ cups wholewheat or brown flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 4 generous handfuls of fresh rocket
- 1 medium bunch of red seedless grapes
- 100g goats cheese
- Whisk warm water, yeast and sugar together then set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together the flours and salt and create a well in the centre.
- Pour yeast mixture into the well with the olive oil and stir with a wooden spoon incorporating a little flour as you go until the mixture is well combined and you can form it into a ball with your hands.
- Place on a clean floured surface and knead until it is smooth and not at all sticky.
- Grease a mixing bowl with olive oil and place the dough in the bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- Cut dough into 2 equal pieces and roll into ovals. The dough might be a little sticky, if it is add some flour to the dough and knead until you can roll it out.
- Bake the pizza bases at 200°C in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes until starting to brown.
- Top with fresh rocket, red grapes sliced in half and goats cheese, drizzle with a little olive oil and serve.