Here’s How To Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs EVERY TIME in 4 simple steps!!
Do you love creamy scrambled eggs when you go out for breakfast? And when you make them yourself do they just not turn out the way you hope they will? A little too dry, dull in colour, and where did that yummy creaminess go?!
Looking for more healthy breakfast inspiration? Try my Caramelised Plum Oatmeal Bowls, my Red Pepper Butternut Basil Egg Muffins, my Banana Pecan & Cinnamon Muffins and my Chocolate Cinnamon Coconut Smoothie.
I feel your pain, I struggled to make perfect scrambled eggs for years! Until my Mamma showed me how to make them the right way (thanks Mom!), and Bob’s your uncle, they’re PERFECT every time!! It couldn’t be simpler either, so there’s no excuse to have less than superb scramble on your breakfast / brunch (sometimes dinner? YUP!) table ever again.
Here’s how in 4 SUPER simple steps:
1. Place a large, non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat until the pan is warm.
2. Crack 4 eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk them well with a fork. (That’s a double yolk egg there!)
3. Pour the eggs into the frying pan, and using a non-stick spatula, move the eggs around the pan constantly as they cook gently for about 2 minutes, or until you are happy with the consistency. They should be bright yellow and creamy.
4. Serve with fresh, chopped chives sprinkled on top.
Now was that easy or what?! And you’ll never have less than creamy, bright yellow, full of FLAVOUR scrambled eggs again. These are good enough for a fancy brunch with all your friends, and they will all be asking how you make your eggs so delicious!!
What I was doing wrong for so many years was:
a) Leaving out the olive oil – so much extra flavour in there!!
b) Cooking the eggs too fast on a HIGH heat – keep the heat medium so the eggs cook evenly and don’t loose that gorgeous yellow colour, this is also where the creaminess comes in!!
c) I always added salt & pepper or dried herbs before I cooked the eggs – which ruins the flavour and discolours the eggs – keep the eggs plain and simple while cooking, and season them AFTER they’re cooked!
I hope this little How To Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs post helps you take your scramble to the next level, and if you make these, which I HIGHLY recommend you do, let me know what you think in the comments, I’m excited to hear all about it.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Small handful fresh chives, finely chopped
- Place a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, drizzle in the olive oil and heat until the pan is warm.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk them well with a fork.
- Pour the eggs into the frying pan, and using a non-stick spatula, move the eggs around the pan constantly as they cook gently for about 2 minutes until you are happy with the consistency. They should be bright yellow and creamy.
- Serve with the fresh chives sprinkled on top.