A fiesta on a plate!
Ever heard the expression “eat the rainbow every day”? It’s a saying nutritionists use a lot to encourage people to eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables of different colours each day. I personally love the idea and I think about it often as I choose what I’m going to eat each day.
I’m so happy about all the amazing fresh produce that is available here in the summer months and I’m taking full advantage! Today’s recipe is no exception because this Mexican Chopped Corn & Kale Salad has to be up there with the most colourful salads I’ve made!
I can’t help being reminded of two of my favourite salads that you should definitely check out now. My Pecan Cranberry & Avocado Salad with Orange Dressing and my personal favourite – my Red Cabbage Spinach & Beetroot Detox Salad which has a Honey Mustard Dressing.
How enticing are all those shapes and bright colours? I had this salad for lunch and I think I might have it for dinner too!!
YUMMMMM!!!! Can’t get enough.
Did I mention how easy this salad is to prepare? It’s ready in 15 minutes, including the Lemon & Honey Olive Oil Dressing. This salad is perfect as a light lunch, or a delicious side dish to accompany your main meal.
You can serve this salad tossed together, it looks great like that. Or for a little extra pizzaz you can serve it like I did, in rows with the dressing drizzled over.
Give this crazy-colourful Mexican Chopped Corn, Vine Tomato & Kale Salad a try today!! I’m sure you will love it and your family will be so impressed. Here we go….
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 cups kale
- 410g whole kernel corn in brine
- 410g red kidney beans in brine
- 8 yellow vine tomatoes
- 4 radishes
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt & pepper
- TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- Wash all vegetables well. Chop the kale up small, slice the radishes into rounds and then in half. Slice the vine tomatoes into quarters.
- Drain the corn and the kidney beans and rinse well under the cold tap.
- Arrange all salad ingredients on a platter in rows. Or you can toss them all together if you prefer.
- TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad rows or toss the dressing in with the salad.