The perfect special occasion salad to wow your guests is this Roast Beet Butternut Basil Goat Cheese Salad!!
A salad to satisfy hungry tummies and healthy appetites. A feast for the eyes too! It’s a great looking and tasting salad full of superfood nutrients, packed with savoury notes and a touch of sweet. The perfect balance.
This roast salad has beets, butternut, carrots, fresh basil, olive oil and goat cheese. It would be delicious with chunks of feta cheese or even shavings of parmesan. It serves 6 and you can double the quantities if you have a large party to feed.
I’m thinking this salad will most definitely be on my Easter table this weekend, along with my Grape Spinach Zucchini Harvest Salad and my Broccoli Pineapple Pecan Pumpkin Seed Salad – both so YUM!!
Variety is the spice of life, so why not try them ALL!! I’ll bet your family won’t be complaining!
A little nutrition information about beets and butternuts for you… Beets are an excellent source of folate and a very good source of manganese, potassium and copper. They are also a good source of dietary fibre, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin C, iron and vitamin B6! Wow that’s a super food for sure! One cup of butternut squash provides a whopping 437% of your vitamin A needs for the day, as well as 52% of vitamin C and 10% or more of vitamin E, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B-6, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium and manganese. Another winner!
So if you’re looking for a WHOLESOME, delectable salad to serve this weekend, or anytime! This Roast Beet Butternut Basil Goat Cheese Salad is your gal.
I’ll be making this yummy salad this weekend, but I also plan to feast on this salad in the coming months…Winter is on its way here, and I’m thinking this salad will be incredible served warm on a chilly winters day!
Give it a try!! And don’t forget to let me know how it turns out, I wanna know!
- 5 beets (beetroots)
- 1 small butternut squash
- 3 - 4 large carrots
- 1 small handful fresh basil (about 3 sprigs)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 50g goat cheese (I use a soft, garlic & herb goat cheese)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice off the tops and roots of the beets, then peel them with a potato peeler. Slice into quarters, if they are large beets cut them into eighths. (I suggest wearing an apron and plastic gloves for this step!)
- Peel the butternut, take out the seeds with a spoon and slice the butternut into 1 inch pieces.
- Peel the carrots and slice into ¼ inch round slices.
- Place the vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle with about 2 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with salt & ground black pepper, give them a good toss so they are all coated. Throw over the basil leaves.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, turning the vegetables half way through to ensure even cooking.
- Let the vegetables cool on the baking tray before piling onto a salad platter. Top with goat cheese and some fresh basil for garnish and serve.