Oh yes they are! Actual Rosemary Infused Fudgy Chocolate Brownies.
These Rosemary Infused Fudgy Chocolate Brownies are my new “Number 1” Favourite Easy-To-Make-Chocolate-Sweet-Treat!
Normally I’m quite good about waiting for baked goods to cool down before I try them, NOT TODAY folks…
The rich-chocolatey-rosemary aroma wafting from the oven was too much for me! As soon as these babies were ready to be cut into perfect little squares of brownie goodness, I HAD TO HAVE A (little, maybe big) BITE! It was so worth it – they’re amazing when they’re still warm…Yum, yum, YUMMMM!!
Fudgy and soft in the centre, REALLY CHOCOLATEY, with a crispy, golden crust on top…These brownies are infused with rosemary (more on that just now) which adds a herby freshness that is unique and just enough, so as to compliment the chocolate flavour and not overpower it.
More delicious sweet treat recipes for you…Try The Best Chocolate Brownie Cake, my Brown Butter Caramel Crumble Apple Pie, my Rustic Bumble Berry Crumble Crisp, my Zesty Orange Honey Layer Cake and my Baked Vanilla Cheesecake with Cherry Coulis.
Made with cocoa, cake flour, dates, brown sugar, coconut oil, fresh rosemary, eggs, Greek yoghurt and vanilla, these Rosemary Infused Fudgy Chocolate Brownies are a “healthier” option as they have less sugar and no butter.
The rosemary infusion…This is achieved by cooking the coconut oil over a medium heat with the fresh rosemary sprigs for just 5 minutes. Once the oil cools down, the rosemary is strained out, and the oil is added to the wet ingredients. So simple, and such a lovely addition to this recipe!
I’m imagining these brownies with a big dollop of vanilla ice-cream on top…and my mouth is watering at the thought! Maybe a scattering of fresh raspberries or strawberries if you want to get all fancy. These would be perfect for your next dinner party, or family gathering…I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t love a fudgy, delicious brownie!
Heck, brownies are perfect anytime –
You can’t go wrong with these Rosemary Infused Fudgy Chocolate Brownies.
20 minutes to prepare, 25 minutes to cook, and this recipe makes 12 perfect brownies. The recipe is easily doubled for a bigger batch, and I’m pretty sure no one will be complaining if you have a few of these stored away in the fridge for a couple of days!
Give this recipe a try soon, you will not be sorry I can assure you! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder (sugar free)
- 1 cup cake flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup dates, very finely chopped
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease an 9 x 9 inch square pan with sides that are at least 2 inches tall.
- Place the coconut oil in a small saucepan and melt. Drop in the rosemary sprigs and gently simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cool, strain the oil through a sieve into a bowl to ensure there is no fresh rosemary left in the oil.
- Sieve the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar and dates, making sure the dates are evenly distributed and not clumping together.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, Greek yoghurt and vanilla essence together, then stir in the rosemary infused coconut oil.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. (Be careful not to over stir).
- Pour the batter into the square pan and spread until even. Bake for 25 minutes. They’re done when you press down lightly on the top of the brownies and they bounce back. They should be cooked on the outside and soft and fudgy in the centre.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then slice them into squares and cool completely on a cooling rack, or serve warm!
- Notes: You can replace the brown sugar with dates - these brownies are also delicious made sugar free.