It’s time for a large bowl of Simple Cauliflower Potato Celery Soup!
This Simple Cauliflower Potato Celery Soup will lift your spirits, ward off winter chill and top up your intake of super healthy veggies. If you’re having a great day already, it will be the cherry on top!
Coz this soup is amazingly delish! SIMPLE, but amazingly yummy.
It’s got cauliflower florets, potatoes, celery, garlic, onion, vegetable broth, salt and ground black pepper. Doesn’t really get simpler than that in Soup Land. But let me tell you, you will be making this soup again and again. AND again.
Check out these soup recipes too – My Clean Eating Carrot Turmeric Ginger Soup, my Cozy up Tomato & Butternut Soup, my Healthy Homemade Celery Carrot Chicken Soup and my Hearty Black Pepper Mushroom Chickpea Soup.
SO SMOOOTH is this Simple Cauliflower Potato Celery Soup that I actually couldn’t quite believe it. And it doesn’t take a whole lot of time to get it silky smooth like with some soups. Nope, this one gets to that silky stage quickly, which is always a bonus.
Let’s talk about bread…This soup is extra specially scrumptious with a big hunk of rustic homemade, healthy bread to mop it up with…
I recommend you give my healthy homemade breads a try…No Knead Multi-Seed Potato Bread, Simple Zucchini Feta Soda Bread, Light & Fluffy Dinner Rolls 2 Ways. These breads will take this soup, or any soup, to the next level!
A little fresh parsley chopped up and sprinkled generously on top won’t go amiss, and I threw on a couple of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds which add some crunch and extra yumminess. I’m convinced a good grating of cheese would be incredible, or some chopped nuts. A little nuttiness is always welcome around here.
This is where the saying “less is more” comes into play. This soup has few ingredients, and even fewer steps to the recipe (which is partly why I love it so much), and yet, it has so much depth of flavour, and SO much goodness!
If you’re not already thinking it, then let me just remind you that soups are the perfect freezer food…Make a big batch of this amazing soup and freeze it until you need it. Also, this is a great meal to make if you have unexpected company, most of us have these ingredients on hand almost all the time – which makes this an ideal last minute meal.
So basically, it’s one of my favourite soups of all time.
- Ridiculously easy to make, on the table in 25 minutes
- Really, really yummy, silky smooth, and full of flavour
- Chock-a-block full of fresh, wholesome veggies
- The perfect excuse to bake a homemade healthy loaf of bread to mop up your piping hot soup!
If you’re not convinced then you absolutely have to make this Simple Cauliflower Potato Celery Soup a.s.a.p. so you can see exactly what I’m talking about for yourself!! And don’t forget to let me know what you think in the comments. I want to hear all about it.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower florets, chopped
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, fry the onions and garlic until glassy and fragrant. Add the cauliflower and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the potatoes, vegetable broth and water. Cover and simmer on a medium high heat for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are very tender. Allow the soup to cool for 10 minutes, then blend until silky smooth. Season with salt and pepper, top with chopped herbs, seeds or nuts and serve.