A super Simple Zucchini Feta Soda Bread recipe!
There is something so comforting about a freshly baked loaf of rustic bread. Just like this Simple Zucchini Feta Soda Bread, up there ^^ Isn’t she lovely? The thought of this bread alone conjures up warm and fuzzy feelings for me!
As it should because it’s just so gorgeous and comforting and satisfying for the eyes and the belly. Especially the belly! Did I mention that it’s delicious? It really is. The Cheesey – Zucchini – Soda Bread kind of deliciousness! Is there a better kind? I think not.
DID YOU KNOW BREAD COULD BE THIS SIMPLE? And this much fun? And this healthy?
This Simple Zucchini Feta Soda Bread is made with JUST 6 INGREDIENTS. Flour, baking soda, salt, grated zucchini, feta cheese and Greek yoghurt. And basically the dry ingredients are mixed together, then the yoghurt is mixed in to form a soft dough…
Plop it into a round cake tin, press down, brush with olive oil, score with a knife, cover and pop in the oven until golden and beautiful.
It’s crispy on the outside and soft, fluffy, moist and AMAZING in the centre. This is a really savoury bread that is packed with zucchini and dotted with feta cheese – perfect for open sandwiches, great to serve before a meal (summer BBQ anyone?), or delicious and fun to eat with stews and soups…my personal favourite way to enjoy bread such as this!
This is definitely my favourite white-flour-savoury-bread! It has such a unique flavour and the pops of cheese make it completely scrumptious, while the zucchini adds moisture and that healthy factor. Plus this bread is egg free, so if you’re someone who likes to stay away from eggs, this is the bread for you!
I love this bread so much, I’m definitely going to make a muffin version of this recipe very soon to share with you. I’m thinking they will be to die for!
I’m cooking dinner for friends tomorrow night, and this Simple Zucchini Feta Soda Bread is SO on the menu! I’ll probably make a hearty stew (perhaps this Baked Chicken Barley Kale Stew) to go with the bread, as it’s been a little nippy in the evenings lately…and I’m thinking a little Rustic Bumble Berry Crumble Crisp for dessert. Wow, that sounds amazing, I’m looking forward to it already!
I hope you try this Simple Zucchini Feta Soda Bread out very soon, I know you will LOVE it, and so will your friends and family I can assure you! Do let me know how your bread turns out in the comments, I’d love to hear from you!
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (about 5 zucchinis)
- 1¼ cups feta, sliced into small cubes
- 1¾ cups Greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 9 inch round cake pan with greaseproof paper, lightly grease and flour the paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the flour, baking soda and salt together. Now stir in the grated zucchini and feta cubes, then stir in the Greek yoghurt to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead gently about 5 times. Form the dough into a ball and then press into the prepared pan so that the dough resembles a large disk. The dough should reach the edges of the pan. Brush with a little olive oil.
- Cut two parallel lines into the dough with a sharp knife, about ¼ of an inch deep. Cover the cake pan containing the dough with another cake pan of the same size.
- Bake for 35 minutes, covered, then bake uncovered for another 5 minutes or until the crust is lovely and golden brown. Check the bread is cooked through with a toothpick.
- Once the bread is cooked, leave it to sit in the cake tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack, leaving the bread in the greaseproof paper. Once the bread has cooled completely, carefully take off the greaseproof paper, slice and enjoy.