It’s the FRESHNESS of this Zingy Avocado Citrus Couscous Salad that will knock your socks off!
No really. This Zingy Avocado Citrus Couscous Salad is SO FRESH! How could a bed of couscous drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and black pepper, topped with creamy avocado cubes, sweet orange pieces, crunchy-crisp slices of red apple, a scattering of sesame seeds, and finally a generous pouring of orange-lemon-olive-oil-dressing – not be AHhhhmazingly fresh, satisfying and scrumtious?
There’s just NO WAY for this salad to fail…it is GLORIOUS!
You will also love my Pecan Cranberry & Avocado Salad with Orange Dressing, my Asian Carrot Salad with Peanut Ginger Dressing, my Balsamic Mushroom Bacon Spinach Salad, my Black Olive Rosemary New Potato Salad, my Grape Spinach Zucchini Harvest Salad and my Green Goddess Pesto Pasta Salad.
This Zingy Avocado Citrus Couscous Salad came about like a lot of my recipes do…I stare into the fridge (and the pantry) wondering what on earth I can put together that will be: simple to make, full of good-for-me (and good-for-you!!) ingredients, and also add up to be a Totally Yummy In My Tummy food experience.
I’m so happy to tell you that this Zingy Salad is ALL of those things, and it went ABOVE AND BEHOND my expectations in the Totally Yummy department!!!
For all the salad lovers out there – This one’s for you!
This salad is the most awesome healthy vegetarian light lunch (or dinner). It’s a delightful side dish, especially with baked fish or chicken – the zingy citrus flavours go really well with a subtle flavoured protein.
For me, this salad is the most delicious and exciting meal – I’m easy to please! But really, it’s so flavourful, packed with colour and texture, extremely pretty to look at, AND it’s SO full of GOODNESS!
What’s so great about it?
- Avocados are not only creamy-dreamy-delicious, they’re also packed with “good fat”, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B and fibre
- Oranges and lemons not only taste amazing but are full of vitamin C and fibre
- Apples are not just crunchy and sweet, they also contain antioxidants, lots of dietary fibre and plenty of vitamins
- I could stop there!
- But just one more thing: This avo-citrus-couscous combo might sound unusual to you (I know, I know, I had to think it over myself), but all these flavours together in one little happy bowl are out of this world!
With that said, can we agree that YOU REALLY NEED TO TRY THIS SALAD?!
How long does a salad of such gorgeous deliciousness take to prepare you ask? Just 10 MINUTES. We’ve all got 10 minutes to spare to make lunch, dinner or a side dish, right? 10 minutes is doable, even on the busiest, most jam-packed days.
It’s great when a really quick meal is also super nutritious and wholesome – it shows me that I don’t have to skimp on being healthy even when I have a limited amount of time to get lunch or dinner on the table.
Why not try this Zingy Avocado Citrus Couscous Salad very soon? And then hop on back here and tell me all about it, I’ll be waiting to hear from you!
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup couscous, cooked (I like wholewheat)
- Drizzle olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, sliced into cubes
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Few fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Once the couscous is cooked, stir in a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile the couscous into a salad bowl, then layer on the avocado, orange and apple, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and parsley.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour into a small jug or jar to serve alongside the salad.