All you need is Bananas, Kiwis & 15 minutes.
It doesn’t get any easier…Wow these 2 Ingredient Banana Kiwi Sorbet Scoops are easily my favourite healthy sweet treat that I’ve made this summer!! Don’t they look so refreshing and yum? They really are!
Today is by far the hottest day we have had this summer, and the humidity has arrived with a vengeance! So naturally I had to make some light and summery sorbet to tempt the taste buds and and bring some icy, zingy freshness to the day.
Last week I shared my favourite salad of all time – check it out (you won’t be sorry) – Red Cabbage Spinach & Beetroot Detox Salad. It has a Honey Mustard Dressing and it really is so good (and so HEALTHY)! I’ll bet you’ll also like my Refreshing Coconut Pineapple Mango Smoothie, it’s dairy and sugar free and as delicious as it sounds!
What could be a better choice than kiwis? A long time favourite of mine – I always have them around in their numbers in summer. They’re not always an easy fruit to add to sweet treats, but when it comes to sorbets, smoothies or popsicles there is nothing better than the little kiwi.
With this heat wave that has just hit us I find I’m waking up earlier and earlier, and staying up later too as the evenings are light for so much longer they trick you into thinking it’s still early – there’s just so much more DAY. Everything has such a different feel to it – ahhh Summer….We love you.
This sorbet is great because you simply slice up the fruit the night before, freeze it overnight or until you’re ready to make the sorbet, defrost it a little and then pulse it up in a blender, freeze for another 30 minutes and it’s ready to serve. Also – you can keep it in the freezer for days after you blend it and enjoy a sorbet scoop whenever you feel like one! That’s convenience for you.
Are you going to try these 2 Ingredient Banana Kiwi Sorbet Scoops? I hope you do, and I hope you love it like I do! Let me know in the comments…
- 3 ripe bananas
- 7 ripe kiwis
- Peel and slice up the bananas. Slice the kiwis in half and scoop out the flesh with a tablespoon. Place the fruit in an airtight container in the freezer overnight. Or for at least 4 hours.
- Take the fruit out of the freezer about 5 - 10 minutes before you blend it. This will differ slightly depending on how warm or cold your room temperature is.
- When the fruit is just starting to soften on the outside place it in a blender and pulse 6 - 8 times until the mixture is smooth but the kiwi seeds are still intact.
- Pour the sorbet into a loaf tin and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes until set.
- Scoop out the sorbet with an ice cream scoop and serve in little cups, bowls or ice cream cones.