Posted on December 14 2019
Stunning scenic views in every direction, winery with wine tastings on offer, wonderful indoor/outdoor restaurant, coffee roastery with tastings, art gallery, outdoor markets and music concerts, as well as cycling and trail-running events that entice people from all walks of life to Lourensford Wine Estate And Market.
I have been meaning to write this post on Lourensford Wine Estate And Market for the longest time! In fact, I’m going to be churning out a few long-awaited travel posts over the next few days…Somehow they fell through the cracks, but I was looking through all our travel photos yesterday and was reminded of how much fun we had, and decided they needed to be shared!
Hopefully you’ll find the info helpful if you are planning a trip to Cape Town, if you live there, or at the very least, enjoy perusing the pretty pics.
You might also like :
This post is going to be photo-heavy, so prepare yourself! Maybe grab a delicious hot drink, or cool beverage, depending on where you are in the world. It’s summer here, but there are thunderstorms rolling in over the ocean, so I think I’ll get myself a nice hot cacao! Try my favourite recipe for THE BEST Dairy Free Hot Chocolate in the whole world 🙂
Let’s jump right in!
Lourensford Wine Estate And Market offers:
- Twilight Market – Every Friday evening
- Lourensford Market – Every Sunday
- Housed in a permanent structure that boasts delectable food, organic, artisanal produce, arts and crafts, clothes and accessories
- The Estate’s superb wine collection and their in-house ABRU craft beer contribute to the festive atmosphere
- Local artists provide live music, children have fun on rides in the dedicated entertainment area and even your four-legged family members are welcome at their doggie bar
If you walk out to the back of the market, you’ll find more incredible views of mountains and vineyards…
And to the right of the market is a vintage car warehouse. I found my yellow Mustang! now I just needed to figure out how to get it home…
- Premium Wine Tasting – Choose 4 wines to taste
- Belgian Chocolate And Wine Tasting – This sounds so incredible!
- Blind Wine Tasting Challenge – If your group identifies all the wines correctly, you get your tasting for FREE!
- Vodka Tasting – Try their vodka range paired with delicious snacks
Booking for the Vodka tasting is essential, as are bookings for more than 5 people. If you know you’re going in advance, it might be advisable to call ahead and book – just to be sure you get your spot!
THE MILLHOUSE KITCHEN
- They use fresh, simple and seasonal ingredients, locally sourced, to prepare rustic French and Italian inspired dishes that will have your mouth watering at first sight!
- Children are always welcome, and they have a special menu just for your little ones
COFFEE ROASTERY AND DELI
- Hand-roasted coffee, in small batches
- Open 7 days a week
- Enjoy coffee tasting talks, watch coffee being roasted and receive advice from their roasters
- Indulge in their Deli’s freshly baked cakes, muffins and quiches made with free-range eggs, real butter and pure spices
- Enjoy a little gift and equipment shopping here too!
It was stinking hot the day we were there, so Mike tried their coffee milkshake, and I had a few sips (OK, a lot of sips) – it did not disappoint!
LAURENT EVENT VENUE
- Offering some of the most picturesque views of vineyards and mountains in Cape Town, Laurent is a contemporary event venue perfect for weddings, birthdays or corporate functions
The Lourensford Wine Estate And Market is a real treat on a Friday evening or a lazy Sunday. I hope you pay them a visit while you’re in Cape Town.
For more info check out their website @ lourensford.co.za
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post, and if there’s anything you’d like to see more of on the blog, let me know in the comments, I love hearing from you!