A hot breakfast smoothie. Simply Yum!
Sometimes it’s a bit chilly in the mornings and we just need something wholesome and comforting that warms us up from the inside out! A great example of this is my Spiced Vanilla London Fog Latte.
I’m always looking for ways to make drinks healthy and it’s usually a lot easier with summer drinks…Lemonades and cold smoothies, fruit juices and infused waters with a few cubes of ice and a sprig of mint…perfect. If you’re living out your summer months right now like I am, here are a few summer drink recipes I know you’ll love – my Strawberry Lemonade, my Blueberry Orange & Pawpaw Smoothie and my Paw Paw Strawberry & Peanut Butter Breakfast Smoothie.
Getting right back to this Mango Orange & Ginger Hot Smoothie. In the winter months, or even on a rainy summers morning a little warm smoothie to start the day really goes down well. I’m especially fond of mango and orange together and the hint of ginger is just enough to bring a freshness and a little ginger kick to this hot smoothie.
This smoothie takes minutes to prepare and is so good for you! If you like you can add a green tea bag to the boiling water to vamp up the antioxidants, a jasmine or chamomile tea bag would also work well.
Give this Mango Orange & Ginger Hot Smoothie a try for your next breakfast! Here’s the recipe!
- 1 small mango
- 1 orange
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- ½ cup boiling water
- Peel and slice the mango & orange into small cubes. Grate the fresh ginger.
- Place the fruit in a blender with the ginger and blend until smooth.
- Add ½ cup boiling water and stir in. Pour the mixture into a microwave proof bowl or mugs and heat until warmed to your liking. 1 minute was perfect for me.
- Serve in the mugs or pour the mixture from the bowl into heat proof glasses and enjoy.