Posted on June 8 2020
Tender, juicy chicken breasts with a slightly spicy turmeric, cayenne pepper and herb rub, stuffed with loads of baby spinach in a coconut milk, yoghurt and cheese sauce – these Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Broccoli are to die for. And they’re SO quick and easy to make!!
With just 15 minutes prep and about 30 minutes cooking time, you can have dinner on the table in 45 minutes flat!
A couple of weeks ago, I felt like making something a bit out of the ordinary for dinner, and it needed to be something REALLY comforting and delicious (but still healthy)…We all have those days don’t we?
And that’s how these delicious and healthy stuffed chicken breasts came about.
They are SO A M A Z I N G, I had to share the recipe with all of you.
Here’s what you need to make Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Broccoli:
- 4 large chicken breasts (you can always double the recipe if you are feeding a crowd)
- turmeric, cayenne pepper, mixed herbs and avocado oil or olive oil
- plain yoghurt, coconut milk and mature cheddar cheese
- garlic, baby spinach, broccoli and cauliflower (or just broccoli, up to you!)
Here’s how to make them:
- Slice a pocket along the length of each chicken breast, coat with oil and rub with spices and herbs
- Mix together the ingredients for the stuffing
- Pack spinach stuffing into chicken breasts and bake in the centre of your oven at 190°C (375°F) for about 30 minutes until cooked through
- In the final 10 minutes of cooking, throw in the broccoli and cauliflower florets and continue to bake
- Serve on a bed of quinoa, brown rice or pasta drizzled with the juices from the baking dish and ENJOY!
This simple recipe will fast become a favourite in your household, I guarantee it!
If ever there was a way to get your kids to eat their greens at dinner time…I’m pretty sure this is it.
You must also try my Baked Chicken Barley Kale Stew, my Cuban-Style Chicken Rice Bake, my Baked Chicken Pasta With Coconut Sauce and my Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry. Also give these Mango and Macadamia Nut Stuffed Chicken Breasts a try for something different!
I’m going to keep it short and sweet today, as these Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Broccoli and Cauliflower really do speak for themselves.
I MEAN, JUST LOOK AT THAT DELICIOUSNESS!
Can you even begin to resist?
Add the ingredients for this sublime spinach and cheese stuffed chicken recipe to your shopping list immediately, you can thank me later.
Happy healthy delicious dinner making friends! I know you’re going to love this one.
Here’s the easy peasy recipe…
Tender, juicy chicken breasts stuffed with baby spinach in a coconut milk, yoghurt and cheese sauce baked to perfection with broccoli and cauliflower
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp avocado oil , or olive oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt , divided
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper , divided (more if you like it hot)
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 3 tbsp heaped plain yoghurt , (4 tbsp if it’s thin yoghurt)
- 1/8 cup coconut milk
- 1 large clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese , I use mature cheddar
- 2 cups heaped baby spinach , roughly chopped
- 1/2 – 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 – 1 cup cauliflower florets
Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
With a sharp knife, slice a pocket into the length of each chicken breast and place in a baking dish, coat both sides with avocado oil.
In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper, turmeric, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper and mixed herbs. Rub equal amounts onto both sides of each chicken breast, set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, yoghurt, coconut milk, garlic, cheese and spinach. Using a tablespoon, pack equal amounts of the stuffing into each pocket. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
In the final 10 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli and cauliflower around the chicken and continue to bake.
Serve on a bed of quinoa, brown rice or pasta drizzled with extra sauce from the baking dish, with broccoli and cauliflower on the side, ENJOY!