Healthy Almond Flour Crunchies are little golden treasures of sweet deliciousness! Inspired by my Gran’s wonderful crunchie recipe that’s been passed down through generations, we absolutely ADORE this healthy version. SO, SO GOOD!!
In case you don’t know – Crunchies are oat and coconut bars that are buttery and sweet and very popular in Southern Africa, particularly in South Africa (where I live now), and Zimbabwe (where I grew up).
A few need-to-knows about Healthy Almond Flour Crunchies:
- Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free
- Made with instant oats, desiccated coconut, almond flour (or G-free flour of your choice), coconut sugar which is low GI (this combo makes the crunchies CRUNCHY, which I know you know is essential), butter and a little honey
- Super quick and easy to throw together
- Absolutely D E L I C I O U S with a cuppa
They’re everything a good old fashioned crunchie should be, without the not-so-great-for-you ingredients.
I have been tinkering with my Gran’s Old Fashioned Crunchie Recipe for ages, trying to make the perfect healthy version…
And I’d say these Healthy Almond Flour Crunchies ARE IT.
If you love a good crunchie (or you’re new to these golden treasures) and you want a good for you, nourishing version that won’t spike your blood sugar or make you feel bloated, then this healthy recipe is for you!
How to make Healthy Almond Flour Crunchies:
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl, stir in melted butter and honey
- Press into baking dish to form an even layer
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until rich golden in colour
- Cool for 30 mins – they will crisp up as they cool
- Cut into squares and ENJOY
Such an easy treat to make with kids, they’ll love mixing everything together with a big wooden spoon, and pressing the mixture into a baking tray with their hands.
Literally one of my most favourite healthy sweet treats – I will never stop making these Healthy Almond Flour Crunchies – and I hope you’ll join me!
Let’s get those aprons on and start baking.
I truly hope you love this recipe, let me know what you think in the comments.
And check back soon for more of my healthy recipes coming your way this week! I’ve got quite the line-up for you…
But now – THE RECIPE…Get it below.
You can store these crunchies for up to 1 week in an airtight container, but my guess is they won’t last that long 😉
Little golden treasures of sweet deliciousness! Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, EASY to make.
- 1 cup Almond flour , or Gluten-free flour of your choice
- 2 cups Instant oats
- 3/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Butter , melted
- 2 tbsp Raw honey
Preheat oven to 170°C (338°F) and grease an oblong or square baking dish. (The larger the dish, the thinner and crunchier they will be, the smaller the dish, the fatter and softer in the middle they will be).
In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, oats, desiccated coconut, coconut sugar and baking soda. Stir in melted butter and honey until well combined and sticking together nicely.
Press into baking dish and pack down to form an even layer.
Bake for 30 – 35 mins. They’re done when they’re golden brown and you can really smell the oats cooking, they’ll be soft when you take them out but will crisp up as they cool.
Cool for 30 minutes in baking dish until only slightly warm, cut into squares with a sharp knife, remove from dish and cool completely on wire rack before enjoying!