An Artichoke Avo Black Olive Pizza fit for celebrations!
We’re celebrating the last Thursday of August with this Artichoke Avo Black Olive Pizza.
Why celebrate with pizza?
Well, one, because there is nothing more DELICIOUS than pizza. And B, because it’s almost the end of the week, and it’s almost the end of August – so we need some pizza happiness in our lives!!! How did that happen?! This year is going by so darn fast, I feel like I blinked and went from January to now. I have trouble remembering what I did last week because time is just flying by in such a flash and a blur.
BUT, it’s also a really good thing, because it means that I’m busy, happy and healthy, and focusing on the things I love.
More delicious healthy meals – try my Wholewheat Grape Rocket & Goats Cheese Healthy Pizza, my Healthy Homemade Pear & Blue Cheese Pizza, my Amazing Indian Vegetable Lentil Soup, my Nutritious Red Pepper Carrot Soup, my Hearty Black Pepper Mushroom Chickpea Soup and my Healthy Homemade Celery Carrot Chicken Soup.
This is not just a celebratory pizza, it’s also for quiet nights all by yourself…just putting that out there, it’s great for that too. So weather you have a big crowd arriving, or you’re spending a quiet evening alone with a blankie over your knees (granny style) and your favourite series, you can’t go wrong with Artichoke Avo Black Olive Pizza.
PLUS – This pizza is among the healthiest pizzas you can eat.
And if you use a gluten free pizza base, you’ll be home free.
On this occasion, I did not go completely healthy on the pizza bases…In fact I went all out and bought white pizza bases with tomato topping, and then I added all my healthy toppings, baked the pizzas for 12 minutes and they were PUUUURFECT!
I was having an extravagant moment. And you could join me and give yourself a pizza-perfect moment of indulgence. Or by all means, buy the healthy (and still very delicious) gluten free pizza bases of your choice…do your thing, is what I say!
The topping consists of:
- Grated mozzarella cheese – YUUUUUM
- Artichokes (I had to buy tinned, but definitely use fresh if you can!!)
- Black olives – I used pitted Spanish olives because in my opinion you can’t beat Spanish olives. They weren’t as good as actual Spanish olives, eaten in Spain, sitting on my aunt’s terrace next to an actual Olive grove…tough competition. But they were still good.
- Avo slices – everything is better with avo.
- Baby spinach leaves – I like to throw them on at the end for some freshness, plus they look more enticing uncooked.
That’s a WHOLE lot of goodness on that pizza right there, how delicious does it look?!
Trust me, it tastes even BETTER!!
AND can we just take a moment to be in awe of the fact that it takes just 10 minutes to put together and a further 12 minutes to cook. We can handle that. Oh yes we can. Yummy cheesy pizza goodness is a mere 22 minutes away!
PRETTY PLEASE do yourself a favour and try this Artichoke Avo Black Olive Pizza very soon! I’m sure you will LOVE it like I do, I’m positive your kids (if you have any!) will love it too, and I have no doubt that anyone you present this pizza to will devour it in minutes, and be asking for more!
Let’s get pizza making!
- 2 small frozen pizza bases of your choice
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 200g tin artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and sliced
- 220g black olives, pitted
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the pizza bases on a baking sheet with a grill rack, layer the cheese, then the artichokes and black olives. Bake for 12 minutes until the bases are golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Place the slices of avocado on the pizzas and scatter with the spinach leaves. Slice and serve.