Think of this 5 Minute Spicy Paprika Tahini Hummus as your quick, healthy snack life-saver!
Let’s change that to quick, healthy and DELICIOUS snack life-saver.
We all love a good hummus, tahini hummus is even better, and now that Spicy Tahini Hummus has entered your life, you’ll never look back.
Definitely give my 5 Minute Avocado Basil Hummus, my Chicken Pasta with Herby Avocado Pesto Sauce, my Zingy Avocado Citrus Couscous Salad, my Baby Marrow Spaghetti & Rustic Plum Tomato Sauce and my Roasted Butternut Cous Cous Salad with Pesto Dressing a try.
Has there ever been a more versatile dip / spread?
I think not, this 5 Minute Spicy Paprika Tahini Hummus is great as a dip with sliced veggies, even nectarine slices are YUM with this hummus! I kid you not…I tried it, I loved it, and now I’m a huge Fan Forever. Sweet and savoury is (almost) always a good thing, in this case it’s a GOOD THING.
Hummus is great as a spread on crackers, sandwiches, wraps etc, and it goes with just about anything you can think of. Adding a delicious creaminess, oodles of spicy flavour, and a whole lot of goodness.
What’s this goodness I speak of? Well…
- Chickpeas are said to have a high protein, iron, vitamin B-6 and magnesium content
- Tahini, which is a paste made from toasted sesame seeds, is a great source of iron and calcium
- Paprika, made from ground bell peppers, is a great source of vitamin A, calcium, iron, vitamin B-6 and magnesium
With all those vitamins and minerals, and all the flavour the ingredients bring, you can’t go wrong with this 5 Minute Spicy Paprika Tahini Hummus!
Now, obviously this is a 5 minute recipe, but that doesn’t express quite how EASY this Hummus is to put together. There’s nothing to it…Just throw the drained chickpeas into your blender along with some tahini, olive oil, coconut milk and garlic, give it a whizz until it’s smooth. Then stir in the spices and some salt and pepper and whizz again until it’s all perfectly mixed together and creamy in texture.
THAT’S IT. Whaaaat? Yep, told you, nothing to it.
And you will have yourself the MOST DELICIOUS DIP EVER to serve when friends come over, on the weekend with a family lunch. Or simply to have in the fridge to make sandwiches or snacks that much more wholesome and yum.
There are so many reasons to give this 5 Minute Spicy Paprika Tahini Hummus a try! I hope you love it, don’t forget to share your kitchen stories with me in the comments, I want to know what you think!!
Get out that blender and whip up some Spicy Tahini Hummus!
- 410g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Place the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil and garlic in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the paprika, turmeric, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper and stir in with a spoon. Pulse the hummus 2 - 3 times until the spices are fully mixed in and the hummus is creamy and even in colour.
- Spoon into a small bowl and serve with your choice of sliced vegetables and crackers.