These Layered Chocolate Yoghurt Chia Seed Cups are like eating pudding for breakfast!
Whenever I can have something totally nourishing and energy boosting that also tastes just like pudding (Chocolate Pudding no less)….for *BREAKFAST*!!….I’m both feet in with a smile on my face.
These cups are made with gooseberries (you can use any berry you like), bananas, cocoa, vanilla essence, cinnamon, coconut milk, honey, Greek yoghurt and chia seeds.
Also on my list of favourite breakfast recipes are my Watermelon Pawpaw Bowls with Chia Seeds, my Raspberry Coconut Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowls, my Cashew Pear Energy Protein Balls and my Red Pepper Butternut Basil Egg Muffins.
Also, how gorgeous do these look?! So pretty am I right? You could serve these to the biggest foodie and they would be SO impressed. Not to mention how the flavours of chocolate, greek yoghurt and fresh berries just melt into one another in the smoothest, most complimentary way imaginable to create a Chocolate Chia Seed breakfast experience like no other!
They’re quick & easy to prepare. Just stir the chia seeds into the yoghurt the night before, cover and leave in the fridge until the morning. Whizz up the chocolate layer and you’re ready to assemble your Layered Chocolate Yoghurt Chia Seed Cups.
These are delicious with any berry – strawberries, blueberries, mulberries, even figs, plums or apricots would be amazing!
Tell me in the comments how you assembled your Chia Seed Cups, I’d love to hear all about your kitchen adventures!
Here’s the recipe!! I hope you love these as much as I do!
- FOR THE FRUIT LAYER:
- ½ cup gooseberries (or berry of your choice)
- Drizzle of honey
- FOR THE YOGHURT CHIA SEED LAYER:
- 4 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 level tbsp chia seeds
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- 2 bananas
- ⅛ cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Dash of honey to taste (I don’t use any)
- TO MAKE THE YOGHURT CHIA SEED LAYER:
- Mix the yoghurt and chia seeds together in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- MAKE THE CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- Blend all ingredients together until thick and smooth.
- TO ASSEMBLE:
- Layer the fruit at the bottom with a little drizzle of honey, then the yoghurt and chia seeds, topped with the chocolate layer. Add some fresh fruit on top if you like and enjoy!