Cross a three berry crumble with a crisp & you have this Rustic Bumble Berry Crumble Crisp!
It’s a whole lot of lovely! The vibrant colours, the golden crumble crisp that is crunchy on top and soft and cake-y towards the berries, the saucy SAUCY juiciness that comes from the raspberries, blueberries and strawberries while they cook down to bubbling sweet perfection, WOW!!
If you’re looking for more simple puddings to make at home try my Chocolate Chip Raspberry Coffee Cake, The Simplest Lemon Drizzle Loaf Cake, my Ginger Treacle Loaf with Yoghurt Raspberry Frosting and my Apple Date Cake with Coconut Crunch Topping.
This Rustic Bumble Berry Crumble Crisp is made with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberry jam, cake flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, milk, egg, brown sugar, honey, vanilla essence and butter.
All you do is mix the berries with the jam and place in a baking dish…
Then prepare the crumble crisp and dollop it rustically on top of the berries…
And bake for 30 minutes until the crumble crisp is golden and the berries are bubbling and saucy. Leave to cool for 15 minutes and then enjoy…
Pop a dollop of freshly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top and you will be in rustic home baked pudding heaven. Such a humble and simple dessert, but in my opinion these are the absolute best and most comforting sweet treats of all! Especially when you get to share them with friends and family.
There are only 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in this recipe so it’s safe to say this is one of the healthier puddings you can make.
I know I’m sold with just one look!! If you could smell the aromas wafting from the oven while this crumble crisp is cooking, you would be waiting in line with your spoon in hand I can guarantee it.
Let me know if you try this recipe! I’d love to hear your thoughts.
- FOR THE BERRY FILLING:
- 125g raspberries
- 250g strawberries
- 120g blueberries
- 1 tbsp blackberry jam (sugar free)
- FOR THE CRUMBLE CRISP:
- 1½ cups cake flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter (softened)
- 11 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- TO MAKE THE BERRY FILLING:
- Wash and roughly chop the strawberries and raspberries and leave the blueberries whole.
- Mix the berries together in a bowl with the blackberry jam. Spoon into a baking dish and set aside.
- TO MAKE THE CRUMBLE CRISP:
- Set oven to 170°C.
- In a large bowl, sieve the cake flour, stir in the oats, ground cinnamon, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then rub in the butter. Now stir in the milk, honey, egg yolk and vanilla essence.
- Dollop the crumble crisp onto the berries with a large spoon, leaving some gaps for air to escape, you can be quite rustic about it!
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 30 mins. Until the crumble crisp goes golden on the outside and is cake-y towards the berries.
- Cool for about 15 minutes before you serve it with whipped cream or ice-cream.