A Crustless Tomato Tart!?!
I can’t think of anything much more delicious than a Tomato & White Cheddar Crustless Tart. There’s something about the good old tomato & melted cheese combo that warms the cockles of the heart and keeps you going back for more!
This tart is inspired by the original, it just happens to be a crustless version. Much healthier, lighter, and just as delectable…All the cheesy, herby, tomatoey flavours are there, you also get some crunch from the cheesy topping.
I think of this tart as a great recipe for the day after a big event….For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you all had a great day yesterday! I’m sure you need something that’s quick and easy to whip up, nice and nourishing and filling…This Tomato & White Cheddar Crustless Tart is just the thing. This would also be a great boxing day recipe, or perfect for a casual Sunday lunch.
What’s so great about it is that you can make it super simple like I did, or you can add more flavours if you feel like it. It’s a really versatile dish – so go wild with experimenting!
With just 4 short weeks until Christmas, I know I’m starting to think about all the yummy things I’ll be cooking for Christmas day, as well as everything I want to indulge in beforehand. And what I’d like to make for friends and family as little gifts.
Anyone that knows me knows I have a slight (Ok, major) weakness when it comes to sweet treats, so it goes without saying that I am most excited about the dessert portion of the Christmas season….Like Christmas Fruit Mince Pies with Light Pastry (Yuuum!), How To Make The Perfect Christmas Cake, Baked Vanilla Cheesecake with Cherry Coulis, ginger & treacle loaf with yoghurt raspberry frosting, spiced festive ginger & syrup cookies. But I’m also really looking forward to some savouries – Cream Cheese Appetizer with Poached Pear & Pecans, Roast Beet Butternut Basil Goat Cheese Salad, roast chicken, roast veggies, the list goes on and on!
I’ll certainly be sharing everything that is a success with you, and I hope you will love the upcoming recipes and let me know what you think!
- 400g mini plum tomatoes or 3 large tomatoes
- ½ a medium red pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 80ml coconut milk
- small handful of fresh parsley
- 60g white cheddar
- 60g feta
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 160°C and brush your ovenproof dish with a little olive oil. (I used a pyrex frying pan).
- In a bowl, beat the eggs then add the coconut milk and and beat in.
- Finely chop the parsley and add to the egg mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the feta and place it evenly over the bottom of your ovenproof dish.
- Slice the plum tomatoes in half and finely dice the red pepper.
- Sprinkle the red pepper over the cheese then pour the egg mixture in slowly.
- Grate the white cheddar and sprinkle over the egg. Then top with the tomatoes.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until the egg is cooked through and the cheese is golden.
- Garnish with a little bit of fresh parsley and serve warm.