A Crustless Tomato Tart!?!
I can’t think of anything much more delicious than a Tomato & White Cheddar Crustless Tart. There’s something about the good old tomato & melted cheese combo that warms the cockles of the heart and keeps you going back for more!
This tart is inspired by the original, it just happens to be a crustless version. Much healthier, lighter, and just as delectable…All the cheesy, herby, tomatoey flavours are there, you also get some crunch from the cheesy topping.
I think of this tart as a great recipe for the day after a big event….For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you all had a great day yesterday! I’m sure you need something that’s quick and easy to whip up, nice and nourishing and filling…This Tomato & White Cheddar Crustless Tart is just the thing. This would also be a great boxing day recipe, or perfect for a casual Sunday lunch.
What’s so great about it is that you can make it super simple like I did, or you can add more flavours if you feel like it. It’s a really versatile dish – so go wild with experimenting!
With just 4 short weeks until Christmas, I know I’m starting to think about all the yummy things I’ll be cooking for Christmas day, as well as everything I want to indulge in beforehand. And what I’d like to make for friends and family as little gifts.
Anyone that knows me knows I have a slight (Ok, major) weakness when it comes to sweet treats, so it goes without saying that I am most excited about the dessert portion of the Christmas season….Like mince pies (Yuuum!), christmas cake, cheesecake, berry tarts, nectarine cobbler, ginger & treacle loaf with yoghurt raspberry frosting, spiced festive ginger & syrup cookies. But I’m also really looking forward to some savouries – cream cheese dip, butternut salad, roast chicken, roast veggies, the list goes on and on!
I’ll certainly be sharing everything that is a success with you, and I hope you will love the upcoming recipes and let me know what you think!
- 400g mini plum tomatoes or 3 large tomatoes
- ½ a medium red pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 80ml coconut milk
- small handful of fresh parsley
- 60g white cheddar
- 60g feta
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 160°C and brush your ovenproof dish with a little olive oil. (I used a pyrex frying pan).
- In a bowl, beat the eggs then add the coconut milk and and beat in.
- Finely chop the parsley and add to the egg mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the feta and place it evenly over the bottom of your ovenproof dish.
- Slice the plum tomatoes in half and finely dice the red pepper.
- Sprinkle the red pepper over the cheese then pour the egg mixture in slowly.
- Grate the white cheddar and sprinkle over the egg. Then top with the tomatoes.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until the egg is cooked through and the cheese is golden.
- Garnish with a little bit of fresh parsley and serve warm.