Clean Eating Cucumber Mint Chickpea Salad is a heavenly combination.
This salad delight in a bowl, aka: Clean Eating Cucumber Mint Chickpea Salad, has got cucumber, fresh mint and chickpeas galore, plus red onion (so pretty!), fresh parsley and a little crumbling of feta cheese.
Welcome additions include – A sprinkling of chopped nuts, I love almonds, pecans or pistachios. AND if you’re feeling extra healthy healthy healthy and want a little creaminess…Avocado!! Of course. This week I have been feeling like no plate of food is complete without some cubes of avocado…it just makes everything better. Takes it up a little notch.
You should definitely try these salads as well – My Sesame Chicken Butternut Barley Salad, my Zingy Avocado Citrus Couscous Salad, my Asian Carrot Salad with Peanut Ginger Dressing, my Balsamic Mushroom Bacon & Spinach Salad, my Warm Brown Rice Lentil Kidney Bean Salad, my Green Goddess Pesto Pasta Salad and my Roast Beet Butternut Basil Goat Cheese Salad.
BUT, that’s not to say that this Chickpea Salad isn’t COMPLETELY AMAZING as it is, with it’s original ingredients, because it totally IS.
More than amazing. SO so SO YUM!
Pros of this uber healthy salad:
- It’s quick and easy, just 15 minutes to make
- You can use tinned (canned) chickpeas – REAL time saver
- Chickpeas are great for you – full of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals
- Fresh HERRRBS…Are not only one of the most delicious things on earth, but also mint aids digestion and parsley is just a Power Herb, it’s so full of good stuff! One of them being anti-oxidants which are great for your skin.
- Last but not least – it’s satisfying and JUST DELICIOUS.
Little tip: If you have a sore tummy, you can steep mint in boiling water for a few minutes then drink it like a tea and it should help you to feel better!
Why have I never added MINT to my salads before?! Mint is an out of this world addition to this salad, it pops in every now and then to say a minty “HELLO!” and it’s a truly happy moment. It’s the little things that put smiles on our faces, isn’t it?
Like a salad made with chickpeas tossed together with chopped cool cucumber, finely finely diced red onion which blends into the flavours so well, big handfuls of fresh chopped mint leaves and fresh chopped parsley leaves and a crumbling of salty, creamy feta cheese. I like a simple, simple dressing which comprises of a drizzle of olive oil, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, salt and ground black pepper. Incredibly simple, yet yummy dressing for an already FLAVOUR PACKED Salad.
This salad puts a smile on my face for sure.
I eat this salad for lunch, it’s totally satisfying, and so full of flavour, colour and texture, what more could you want for a healthy, vegetarian (vegan if you leave out the cheese), soul soothing lunch? And I make this salad as a side dish on the weekends – it’s great with just about any main dish, and it’s a little unexpected so your friends and fam will love it. And want the recipe. Guaranteed.
Just by the by, I also eat this salad for dinner, anytime is a good time when it comes to this Clean Eating Cucumber Mint Chickpea Salad.
If you’re making this salad as a light meal, it should serve 3, and as a side dish it will serve 6.
Enough talk, let’s get chopping!
I hope you make and enjoy this Clean Eating Cucumber Mint Chickpea Salad very soon, and don’t forget to check back in here and tell me what you think!! I’d love to know.
- 1 410g tin chickpeas
- ½ cucumber, diced small
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 large handful parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- ¼ cup almonds, roughly chopped (optional)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together all the ingredients. Spoon into a salad bowl, and serve.
- Nuts are a nice addition - roughly chopped almonds, pecans or pistachios work really well!