All your greens in one bowl with this Green Goddess Pesto Pasta Salad!
I’ve always loved my greens and I can eat them any which way – cooked, raw, roasted, steamed, or in a delectable pasta salad fit for any occasion! I know some of you probably struggle a little bit to get your greens in every day and this is a GREAT way to do it…
For more yummy salad recipes try my Pecan Cranberry & Avocado Salad with Orange Dressing, my Black Olive Rosemary New Potato Salad, my Broccoli Pineapple Pecan Pumpkin Seed Salad, my Grape Spinach Zucchini Harvest Salad and my Red Cabbage Spinach & Beetroot Detox Salad.
5 fresh green veggies and herbs make up this salad, not to mention all the herby, nutty goodness in the basil pesto! It’s made with zucchini, spring onions, rocket, parsley, chives, pesto, olive oil, lemon zest & juice, salt & pepper and brown rice pasta twirls!
If that doesn’t sound YUM then I don’t know what does!!
30 minutes and this wholesome pasta meal is on the table. It’s also a great side dish for a barbecue or a casual kitchen supper with friends or family. I love how laid back it is, just throw the dressing ingredients into your salad bowl, mix them up, chuck everything else in and toss. DONE! You can do this while your guests are there – it’s so easy and relaxed.
To add a little more Pizzaz, add some feta or goat cheese and gently toss in. Your friends are going to LOVE this Green Goddess Pesto Pasta Salad! Especially the ladies – I’m thinking this would be a perfect addition to your next book club gathering. A little glass of wine and a bowl of Green Goddess pasta…perfect.
How pretty are the little zig-zags and waves that the zucchini slices create? Simple food can be just as pretty and inviting as something you might spend hours on. I’m all for the quick & easy, FULL of flavour and packed with goodness options – they’re always my favourite!!
Why not try this Green Goddess Pesto Pasta Salad this weekend?! You won’t regret it. As always, let me know what you think!!
- 250g brown rice pasta twirls or shells
- 350g zucchini, thinly sliced into strips (long-ways)
- 1½ heaped tbsp basil pesto
- Zest of ½ lemon or lime
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Small bunch of chives, chopped
- Large handful rocket, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped into thin rings
- Place your water on to boil in a large saucepan, follow cooking instructions for the pasta on the box. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large frying pan on a medium heat, cook the zucchini on both sides until tender and just starting to brown.
- Place the pesto, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & black pepper in a salad bowl, and mix them together.
- Then add all the other ingredients along with the pasta and toss together well.