Posted on July 25, 2017
Absolutely Delicious Post Workout Tropical Turmeric Smoothie! Just because I called this a “Post Workout” smoothie does not mean that you cannot have it any old time. It just means that I think it would make an awesome post workout boost-you-up, fill-you with-amazing-goodness drink! Or a pre-workout drink for that matter, absolutely have this for breakfast, I know I’m gonna.
You’re going to want to drink this Post Workout Tropical Turmeric Smoothie All Day, Every Day.
Also check out my 5 Minute Spinach Apple Green Smoothie, my Immune Boosting Grapefruit Banana Smoothie, my Incredible Strawberry Avocado Smoothie, my Mango Orange & Ginger Hot Smoothie, my Pretty Pink Lemonade Smoothie and my Refreshing Coconut Pineapple Mango Smoothie.
How does this yummy Tropical Turmeric Smoothie taste, you ask? Like the warm, beach-y Tropics in a glass! But seriously, it tastes like a creamy mix of the best sweet, summery tropical fruits with a hint of earthiness from the turmeric.
I am in LOVE with this smoothie!! Of course I am, because it contains ALL of my favourite fruit…
This Post Workout Tropical Turmeric Smoothie has got:
- Pawpaw or papaya – contains a boat-load of Vitamin C, making it great for your immune system. Also rich in Vitamin A which is good for your eyes.
- Nectarine – The bright red colour of nectarine skin is due to Beta-carotine which is an anti-oxidant – great for your skin. They’re also full of fibre and potassium.
- Orange – A great source of Vitamin C, of course, but also Vitamin A, calcium, copper and potassium.
- Banana – Full of potassium, magnesium and a whole lot of other minerals and vitamins.
- Turmeric – Contains Curcumin, but in this small amount, it’s mostly for the flavour!
- Greek yoghurt – A great source of protein which is vital to cell growth, building muscle, and repairing tissue – which is why I thought this would make an excellent Post Workout Smoothie. Also full of probiotics which are good bacteria – great for the digestive system.
- Just by the by, you can totally replace the Greek yoghurt with Coconut Milk if you want a dairy free version…I think the subtle coconut flavour would add an amazing note to this Tropical Smoothie!
Christopher Columbus, an Italian voyager, once referred to papayas as “the fruit of the angels”, how cool is that? I would tend to agree with him, they are SO delicious, SO healthy, and I genuinely get upset when they’re out of season!
I haven’t seen pawpaws or nectarines in the shops for a couple of months, they’re both obviously summer fruit, and now that we’re nearing the end of winter over here, they are trickling back onto the fresh produce shelves. It was a happy moment for me when I spotted them yesterday!!
I know some people can go days without eating fruit, they prefer veggies. Don’t get me wrong, I love veggies and eat them daily, but I CAN’T can’t can’t go a day without fresh fruit. I always start my day with fruit and Greek yoghurt in some form, and I just don’t have the same energy or feel quite as “well” if I don’t.
Am I alone here? It’s ok if I am, but I’m sure some of you are in the same boat…
FRESH FRUIT RULES! And this smoothie is quite possibly the healthiest and for sure one of the YUMMIEST smoothies I have ever made. I’m craving another one already!
Definitely try out this Post Workout Tropical Turmeric Smoothie as soon as you can, you’ll be thanking me!…You’re welcome. Don’t forget to let me know what you think of it in the comments.
It’s SMOOTHIE TIME!
- 1 small pawpaw papaya, peeled and sliced
- 1 nectarine or peach sliced
- Juice and pulp of 2 oranges
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 heaped tbsp Greek yoghurt or 1/2 cup coconut milk
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until really smooth. Pour into two glasses and enjoy.