Posted on December 2 2019
Just 10 minutes prep and 10 minutes baking and these golden nuggets of tasty HEAVENLINESS come out of the oven crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy in the middle, packed with ginger and spice and perfectly sweet.
They’re gluten free, sugar free, and OH so EASY TO MAKE.
I’m trying to remember when a healthy cookie tasted this good…
Crunchy Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies win first prize for healthy deliciousness in my cookie baking history!
In case you’ve ever wondered where Gingerbread Cookies originate from:
Gingerbread dates from the 15th century, and figural biscuit-making was practiced in the 16th century. The first documented instance of figure-shaped gingerbread biscuits was at the court of Elizabeth I of England. She had the gingerbread figures made and presented in the likeness of some of her important guests.
Back to the scrumptious simple and rustic cookies of the moment:
Not only are these cookies the best when it comes to flavour, but the texture is just divine.
What are Crunchy Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies made with?
- A mix of oat flour and coconut flour
- Ground ginger, cinnamon and all spice
- Coconut sugar, molasses and honey
- An egg
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder and salt
That’s ALL folks
How to make Crunchy Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies:
- Simply mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix together the wet ingredients in another bowl
- Add the wet to the dry, and combine well
- Bake until wonderfully golden – about 10 minutes
They’ll crisp up even more as they cool, and they will stay soft and chewy in the middle.
This is what Gingerbread Cookie dreams are made of.
For you pregnant ladies suffering from morning sickness, I believe that ginger can help with nausea – if this works for you then this Crunchy Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies would be the perfect healthy sweet treat recipe to make at home to relieve your symptoms!
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container and they will last for up to 7 days (if the weather is very warm, store them in the fridge).
They can be frozen in the same way – just defrost the cookies and pop them on a baking sheet in a preheated oven (180°C / 350°F) for a few minutes to crisp them up, and enjoy at your leisure!
Don’t delay in making these cookies! You’re going to absolutely love them.
Happy healthy cookie baking friends!
Crunchy Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies: quick, healthy, crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy in the middle, packed with ginger, spice & perfectly sweet.
- 2 1/2 cups oats gluten free, blended into flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar , organic
- 6 tbsp butter , melted and cooled
- 1 egg , beaten
- 2 tbsp honey , raw and organic
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract , sugar free
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients.
Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir, until well combined.
Form the dough into about twenty 1 1/2" balls, and place on a baking sheet about 1 1/2" apart, flatten with the back of a tablespoon, or a fork, wiping off any batter that sticks to the spoon or fork with a clean kitchen towel between flattening each cookie.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool, they will crisp up even more as they cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 6 or 7 days, if the weather is very warm, it might be best to keep the cookies in the fridge.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer, defrost and heat up in a preheated oven (180°C / 350°F) for a few minutes until crispy.