A no mess no fuss very tasty mustard coconut chicken skillet recipe.
I’m all about simple tasty food that can be made relatively quickly without sacrificing how delicious it looks or tastes. This Chicken Skillet hits all the right notes for me, and I’m sure it will for you too!
One bowl and one pan to wash up once you’re finished cooking, and a scrumptious and nutritious meal on the table that, by the way, LOOKS SO amazing no one could resist!! I love the quinoa in this recipe – a sneaky little super healthy addition that adds to the dish in flavour and adds heaps of visual interest.
You can absolutely enjoy this one pot meal on it’s own. Or have it with brown rice for something hearty or a fresh crispy salad if you want something light.
I make this Mustard Coconut Chicken Skillet dish during the week for dinner and I would be more than happy to cook this for friends and serve it with a few side dishes. Speaking of side dishes have you tried my Pecan Cranberry & Avocado Salad with Orange Dressing? Or my Roasted Butternut Cous Cous Salad with Pesto Dressing? You might also like to try my Potato Halves with Melted Cheese & Guacamole.
Looking for an amazing recipe for Light & Fluffy Dinner Rolls? I’ve got you covered! These little guys are the BEST – your friends and family will be amazed by your baking skills and they’re so EASY ;).
Do you have a favourite one pot chicken dish? Share it with me in the comments. I hope you make this recipe and that you love it as much as I do.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp hot English mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- ½ cup red and white quinoa blend
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, make a paste with the wholegrain mustard, hot english mustard, minced garlic, olive oil & mixed dried herbs. Place the chicken thighs in the bowl and coat them well with the paste.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge to marinade for 30 minutes. You can skip this step, but it does add more flavour if you have the time.
- Place the marinaded chicken in a skillet on medium high heat for about 10 minutes, turning once to brown the chicken on both sides.
- Take the skillet off the heat and add the coconut milk and quinoa along with any mustard paste that may have been left in the mixing bowl. Place back on a medium low heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the quinoa is cooked. Turn the chicken once or twice during cooking. The sauce should have thickened up but still be pouring consistency - if it is too thick add a little water to thin it down.
- Add the baby spinach leaves while the sauce is piping hot - they will cook from the residual heat in a minute or two.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.