20 minutes to perfect breakfast banana pancakes!
Pancakes are an old favourite of mine. This recipe is SO quick & easy I’m tempted to make these wonders all the time! And I’m not doing too badly this week – I’ve made two batches and it’s only half way through Thursday.
You can really afford to have these quite often because they are so healthy! Delicious brown flour, bran, rolled oats & bananas make up the base of these banana pancakes, throw in a few other ingredients, mix up, cook for 1 1/2 minutes each side and they’re ready to go in your tummy.
And boy are they scrummy! They taste of bananas and bran and all things wholesome. They’re golden brown on the outside and soft in the middle….Soooo good!! I like to have them with fresh fruit and yoghurt with a little honey drizzled on top and a sprinkling of mixed spice.
Being SUCH a simple recipe I’m sure you’ll be making these banana pancakes on a regular basis just like I am! They’re just the best. Another breakfast recipe I can’t get enough of is my Banana Pecan & Cinnamon Muffins recipe, I like to have these with my Blueberry Orange & Pawpaw Smoothie for a real antioxidant and energy boost!
Let me know what you think of them!!
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup Oats
- ¼ cup Brown Flour
- 1 tbsp wheat bran
- 1 tbsp plain greek yoghurt
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- butter or coconut oil for cooking
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Place about ½ tsp butter in a frying pan and spoon 1 heaped tbsp of mixture per pancake into the pan and cook on medium heat for about 1½ minutes on each side until golden. I cooked 3 pancakes at a time.
- Serve with your choice of fresh fruit and honey.