Delicious, naturally sweetened, good for you Breakfast Banana Bran Spice Muffins.
These Breakfast Banana Bran Spice Muffins are the answer to rush-out-the-door early morning breakfasts!
They’re quick and easy to make, but that doesn’t mean they are lacking in the flavour department. Oh no…These guys are SOOO YUM. They’re loaded with bananas, dates, bran, and spices – Completely Delicious only begins to describe their Yumminess.
You’ll also love these healthy muffin recipes – Try my Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Muffins, my Healthy Chocolate Banana & Apple Muffins, my Banana Pecan & Cinnamon Muffins, my Orange & Strawberry Breakfast Muffins and my Red Pepper Butternut Basil Egg Muffins.
Just 24 minutes to make?!
That’s right, they take a record 12 MINUTES to prepare and 12 MINUTES to bake, and you’ll get 12 perfect muffins!
And they will be dark golden brown, fragrant, and ready to eat right out of the oven. There’s no faffing about waiting for these Breakfast Banana Bran Spice Muffins to cool in the muffin pan…And then waiting for them to cool on a rack for 15 minutes…
NONE OF THAT, thank you!
These scrumptious, naturally sweetened, spicy muffins are amazing eaten warm, straight out the oven, in fact, I would encourage it!
Of course, you’re probably going to make these the day before, for that whole grab-a-muffin-and-rush-out-the-door breakfast idea…Needless to say you will have to eat one FRESH and HOT, and then store the rest away for the next day…No problem with that? Me neither.
SO, let’s recap, these muffins are:
- Super quick and easy to make
- Naturally sweetened
- Full of bananas and spices
- Made with wholewheat flour and bran
- TOTALLY DELICIOUS
- The perfect breakfast on-the-go
Also, these Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are the ideal lunch box snack, pre-workout boost, or afternoon snack for the kids. You could totally serve these up for tea with the girls, they’re so versatile!
Who doesn’t appreciate a yummy muffin that is also 100% HEALTHY?!!
I’m pretty sure muffins came into existence as healthy morsels, and somehow they got turned into cake-y, full of not so-good-for-us ingredients.
Let’s turn the clock back and start making healthy muffins again! Start with these Breakfast Banana Bran Spice Muffins, and don’t forget to let me know how they turn out, I want to hear all about it!
- 4 bananas, very ripe
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp bicarb of soda
- 5 dates, chopped small
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1½ cup bran
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180°C, grease a non-stick muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in the olive oil, vanilla essence, egg, bicarb of soda and chopped dates.
- With a metal spoon, mix in the wholewheat flour, bran, desiccated coconut, cinnamon, mixed spice and nutmeg until just combined. Try not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan and bake for 12 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean and the muffins are dark golden brown.