The most refreshing summer drink is this * Sparkling Watermelon Strawberry Mint Lemonade *
There’s something about adding a little sparkling water to a summer drink that takes it up a notch and makes you feel like you’re drinking something a bit special. That’s certainly the case with this summer thirst quencher! And boy do we need it today!! Humidity is in the high 60’s and we are feeling the heat.
I can’t complain though, especially when the weather tempts me to make such a delicious and refreshing, not to mention *pretty* drink. Watermelon is such a life saver in summer isn’t it? I can’t get enough of it – just the right amount of sweet, and so juicy and yum! I often freeze big pieces of watermelon and eat them like popsicles when I’m feeling really hot and bothered – cools me right down.
What I love most about this sparkling lemonade is that it’s 100% good for you! I’m all about healthy drinks and I avoid unhealthy drinks at all costs. I feel like it’s one area where I can always choose a healthy option and never feel deprived.
This lemonade consists of watermelon, strawberries, lemon, mint, honey & soda water. If you wanted to skip the soda water and replace it with regular water to turn this into a more traditional lemonade, it would still taste just as amazing….perfect for kids parties!
The sparkling version however feels just a little bit special and indulgent. It would be great for a ladies lunch or even an evening get together for those who like to skip the alcoholic beverages. A beautiful welcome drink as your guests arrive!!
I’m excited about this Sparkling Watermelon Strawberry Mint Lemonade and I’m sure you will be too once you try it, it’s super quick and easy so give it a go this weekend!! Let me know what you think…
- 5 cups watermelon de-pipped & sliced into cubes (about ⅛ of a whole watermelon)
- 1 cup strawberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 75ml boiling water
- 10 large mint leaves + extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp honey
- 250ml soda water
- Place the watermelon, strawberries and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a small measuring jug, pour 75ml boiling water over the mint leaves and the honey, leave to infuse for about 5 minutes. Spoon or strain out the mint leaves and then pour the honey water into the watermelon mixture and stir in.
- Pour the watermelon mixture into a large jug and pour in the soda water, stir it up, add a few mint leaves and ice if you wish and enjoy!