The ultimate light & fresh Green Bean Yellow Pepper Pineapple Stir Fry!
When I think of pineapples I think of summer…I remember eating pineapples by the pool at friends houses growing up. Pineapples, mangoes and watermelons! The best fruits to eat by (or in!!) the pool.
Spring or summer dishes? Here you go…take a peek at my Roast Butternut Cous Cous Salad with Herby Pesto Dressing, my Pecan Cranberry & Avocado Salad with Orange Dressing, my Red Cabbage Spinach & Beetroot Detox Salad and my Mexican Chopped Corn, Vine Tomato & Kale Salad.
The other day I was at the grocery store and I walked past a crate of ripe pineapples, only to be called back by their sweet aroma – I just couldn’t walk by without buying some!
And the result of that is this delightfully light, fresh and summery stir fry which is perfect as a side dish (especially if you are making something Chinese-y and egg fried rice-ish. Can I come round that day??! Pretty please!). Or great for a light meal – lunch or dinner this stir fry is a dream to make and even more of a pleasure to eat.
When you’re making this stir fry it becomes so aromatic half way through cooking with the peppers and pineapple sizzling away that I guarantee you will have everyone chomping at the bitt for this sweet and sour vegetarian dish! A sure way to get your family excited about veggies.
Whether you’re heading into spring and you’re getting excited about the summer months to come, or like us here in South Africa in the thick of summer and heading into some cooler months soon…this Green Bean Yellow Pepper Pineapple Stir Fry recipe is one for the books!
I hope you try it out soon, this weekend perhaps? And be sure to let me know what you think, I’d love to hear from you!!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 small pineapple sliced into small triangles
- 2 cups (320g) green beans sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper sliced into cubes
- 1 yellow pepper sliced into cubes
- In a large frying pan or wok heat the olive oil on a medium heat, fry garlic until fragrant. Then add the green beans, green pepper and yellow pepper and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the pineapple triangles and stir fry for another 10 minutes untill the vegetables are as tender as you want them and the pineapple pieces are browning.
- Serve as a side dish, or enjoy as a light meal.