Almond Chocolate Truffles…Say no more!
These Chocolate Truffles are just Super!! They’re dairy & sugar free you guys…how can they be so DELICIOUS? I first made these little gems a couple of years ago for my 30th birthday. So they kind of feel like a special occasion treat to me, but they should actually be an every day treat because they are so healthy.
Chocolate Truffles are perfect for Christmas time, there’s something magical about them. Especially when they’re rolled in coconut (my favourite) or cocoa powder, even crushed almonds or chopped cranberries. Yum to all the above!
I might just be making these once a week from now on to have a sneaky snack every day, except it’s not sneaky at all coz they’re good for you!
Best of all….they’re super duper quick to make – just 15 minutes and they’re nestling in the fridge until they’re chilled and then you can serve them. So easy, and so worth it. Your guests will LOVE these. And if my birthday is anything to go by, they’ll be gone in minutes.
It’s just under 3 weeks until Christmas, and I know it can get a bit crazy this time of year with family arriving from all over, friends popping in, and the Christmas day meal itself that can be rather daunting. For more Christmas desserts check out How To Make the Perfect Christmas Cake, my Christmas Fruit Mince Pies with Light Pastry and my Baked Vanilla Cheesecake with Cherry Coulis.
Back to the Almond Chocolate Truffles…These would make perfect gifts – just pop them into little baggies, tie with a ribbon or raffia and you have yourself an adorable gift that everyone will love.
I hope you try this truffle recipe in the next few weeks, and let me know what you think of it. As always, happy kitchen adventures!
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cashews
- P of S
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp almond essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Whizz up the cashews in a food processor until fine.
- Place the cashews in a bowl and add the coconut oil, pinch of salt, honey, vanilla essence, almond essence and cinnamon mixing well with a metal spoon. Now add the cocoa and stir in until combined. The mixture will be nice and thick.
- Place in the freezer for 20 mins.
- Take about 1 heaped tsp of the mixture and roll into a small ball with your hands. Do this with all of the mixture.
- Then roll each ball in shredded coconut, whizzed almonds, cranberries or cocoa powder.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to eat them.