Posted on March 12 2018
I’ve got the recipe you’re after! If you’re after the BEST Super Seedy Almond Cranberry Granola Bars that is…These wonderful tasting, crunchy, healthy vegan bars are PACKED with chia, flax, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, as well as almonds, cranberries, coconut and oats…They’re easy to make and SO addictive.
These homemade Super Seedy Almond Cranberry Granola Bars actually ARE good for you.
You will also love my Healthy Oatmeal Bran Banana Pancakes, my Amazing Sugar Free Flourless Chocolate Brownies, my Completely Healthy Banana Bread, my Healthy Chocolate Banana & Apple Muffins, my Oven Baked Healthy Vegan Falafel, my Healthy Glow Pumpkin Smoothie and my Apricot & Cranberry No Bake Bars.
With no sugar added, that’s right, sugar free, this is your go-to recipe for granola / muesli / fruit and nut / seed bars ALL IN ONE.
Because these little guys have it all…Flavour, texture and just the right amount of natural sweetness.
They’re made with:
- Rolled oats
- Chia seeds, flax seeds (linseeds), sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- Chopped almonds
- Lemon rind and lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon and mixed spice
- Sea salt for flavour balance
- Prunes and dates in the form of a paste to stick everything together, which is does very well!
- These granola bars are low carb and packed with energy and nutrients
If that’s not a granola bar Having It All, then I don’t know what is!
On top of all that – They’re super simple to make, SUPER SUPER SIMPLE.
There is a little time involved, because the dates and prunes need to be soaked for 2 hours. But it’s just a question of covering them with water and leaving them to do their thing. When the fruit is soaked, these Super Seedy Almond Cranberry Granola Bars come together in no time!
Here’s how to make homemade Super Seedy Almond Cranberry Granola Bars:
- Blitz the soaked fruit with some water, vanilla and lemon juice until it forms a thick paste, set aside
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, then mix in the fruit paste with your hands, this is the fun part!
- Press the granola into a sheet pan with your hands, make sure it’s packed down well
- Bake for 20 minutes, cool for 5 minutes, slice into bars, then allow to cool completely before turning out
It’s that simple folks. Nothing to it. I know you can handle those few easy steps, even if you’ve never baked a thing in your life…THIS is a good, healthy place to start.
And just think, then you’ll have wholesome snacks on hand for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and in between, wherever the wind blows you!
N.B. These bars can be frozen in airtight containers, or stored in the refrigerator in airtight containers for up to a week.
Try these homemade Super Seedy Almond Cranberry Granola Bars soon soon, and tell me what you think of them, I’d love to hear from you!
Easy to make, low carb, vegan, sugar free homemade from scratch granola bars that taste wonderful and are crunchy and full of texture!
- FOR THE PRUNE PASTE:
- 1 cup prunes , pitted
- 1 cup dates , pitted
- 2 cups water , or enough to generously cover the fruit
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- FOR THE GRANOLA BARS:
- Drizzle of coconut oil , for greasing
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds , roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds (linseeds)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon , heaped
- 1 tsp mixed spice , heaped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon , about 1 tbsp
TO MAKE THE PRUNE PASTE:
Soak the prunes and dates in the water for 2 hours until very soft. Drain the water off, keeping about 1 tbsp of the water in with the fruit.
Place the prunes, dates and remaining water, vanilla essence, lemon juice and salt into your blender and blitz until a smooth paste is formed. Set aside for now.
TO MAKE THE GRANOLA BARS:
Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Lightly grease a 9 x 12 inch metal sheet pan with coconut oil.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all the granola bar ingredients, mix together with a wooden spoon.
Now mix in the prune paste, it’s best to use your hands to make sure all the the granola is completely coated with the prune paste.
Pack the mixture down well with your hands into the metal sheet pan so that you have an even layer.
Bake for 20 minutes just so the granola sets. Take out of the oven and cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then slice into bars and allow to cool completely before turning out.
Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer.