Posted on May 24 2019
Silky smooth, decadent, comforting and delicious – this easy, completely healthy, vegan hot chocolate recipe will warm the cockles of your soul and get you through the winter-time like a champ! Try THE BEST Dairy Free Hot Chocolate soon!!
It tastes rich, chocolatey and creamy with a gentle nutty undertone thanks to the almond milk, finished off with a hint of cinnamon.
If almond milk isn’t your jam, you can use coconut milk or a dairy free milk of your choice. AND for those of you who aren’t vegan or aren’t bothered by dairy, you can of course use good old dairy milk!
Sound like perfection?
It is. It’s simply THE BEST Dairy Free Hot Chocolate you can make for yourself!
For a number of reasons:
- It’s good for you, like, seriously, everything in this steaming mug of hot-chocolate-yummyness is really healthy for you. (Check out the nutritional info I list at the end of this post)
- It’s super quick and easy to make! I even have a tip for how to make a lightning fast version for when you’re really pushed for time – read the recipe notes for that
- And in case you hadn’t picked up on this little fact yet – it’s YUUUUM
Here’s what this healthy dairy free (vegan) hot chocolate is made with – Almond milk (or milk of your choice), water, raw cacao powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon (optional), Himalayan pink salt (optional) and honey.
It takes just a couple of simple steps to make THE BEST Dairy Free Hot Chocolate from the comfort of your own cozy kitchen…
And they are:
- Heat most of the ingredients in a medium saucepan, bring to the boil on the stove, take off the heat and allow to cool for a smidge
- Then pour into a large mug, stir in the honey and sprinkle with extra cinnamon if you so wish
And voila! A big, hearty mug of THE VERY BEST homemade Dairy Free Hot Chocolate is yours to drink and enjoy!
Just double the recipe to make for two people, triple for three and so on.
THE BEST Dairy Free Hot Chocolate is vegan, made without sugar, gluten free and best of all – it tastes better than ever! You can adjust the honey quantity to suit your sweet tooth. But try to keep it on the minimal side.
Raw cacao hot chocolate nutrition benefits:
- Raw organic cacao – is said to have over 40 TIMES the antioxidants of blueberries! It’s the highest plant based source of iron known to man, it’s full of magnesium for a healthy heart and brain, it’s loaded with calcium and is a natural mood elevator and anti-depressant. Raw cacao is a POWERHOUSE of healthy goodness!!!
- Almond milk – is low in calories, high in Vitamin E and calcium
- Himalayan pink salt – is full of trace minerals like potassium, magnesium, iron and sodium
- Ceylon cinnamon – has boat-loads with anti-inflammatory properties and is believed to help lower blood sugar levels, and protect against heart disease
I suggest you try THE BEST Dairy Free Hot Chocolate recipe Super Soon!
I don’t want you to miss out on this gem. I just had a cup and I can’t wait until this evening when I plan to have another!
Silky smooth, decadent, comforting and delicious - easy, completely healthy, vegan and PACKED with nutrients.
unsweetened almond milk, or coconut milk
- 1 cup water
raw cacao powder
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt , optional
- 1 tsp honey
Top with cinnamon, optional
Mix almond milk, water, vanilla, cacao and pink salt together in a saucepan. Heat on stove, bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly, then pour into a large mug, stir in the honey and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon (optional).
Optional extra: 1 tbsp coconut cream to get a dose of healthy fat! Add it at the end with the honey.
Super Fast Version:
Sometimes if I’m in a real rush I will add 1 tbsp cacao to a mug, pour over boiling water, then stir in some almond milk, 1 tbsp coconut cream and 1 tsp honey. Still delish!