Posted on November 7, 2017
A kale, spinach, fruit smoothie made with blueberries, strawberries, bananas, orange and Greek yoghurt. Healthy and really easy to make, this superfood Berry Good Kale Green Smoothie is delicious as well as nutrient rich and high in vitamins and antioxidants.
Packed with kale and spinach, this Berry Good Kale Green Smoothie is super GREEN!
If you like power-green smoothies, and you aren’t afraid of that emerald green colour (repeat after me “I am not afraid”), then this is the smoothie for you – I’m talking to YOU smoothie friend, don’t be scared, I’ll talk you through it!
You will also love these smoothies – my 5 Minute Spinach Apple Green Smoothie, my Antioxidant Berry Blaze Smoothie, my Healthy Glow Pumpkin Smoothie, my Immune Boosting Grapefruit Banana Smoothie, my Chocolate Cinnamon Coconut Smoothie, my Incredible Strawberry Avocado Smoothie, my Mango Orange & Ginger Hot Smoothie, my Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie and my Post Workout Tropical Turmeric Smoothie.
Because seriously, this smoothie is so good for you, you can’t miss out!
Once you realise that this smoothie is made with familiar favourites like lovely strawberries and blueberries, crowd pleasing banana, and a sweet sweet orange, with a few dollops of creamy Greek yoghurt, it sounds completely yummy, am I right?
Even for the green smoothie-making novice, this smoothie is starting to sound rather scrummy…
In fact, it’s starting to sound like the very best green smoothie ever. So whether this is your first time trying out a green smoothie, or you’re an absolute legend and you do a green smoothie cleanse on the regular, this is one recipe you need to add to your list. Of course, it can be made dairy free, or vegan by replacing the yoghurt with a dairy free milk of your choice.
Tasty, low carb and quite filling, this is a great smoothie to have for breakfast, mid-afternoon, or as a post workout drink.
How to make a green smoothie that actually tastes good? Follow these very simple steps:
- Pull the kale leaves off the stalks, then place the leaves with the baby spinach, berries, bananas, orange and Greek yoghurt in a blender
- Pulse a few times, and then blitz to a smooth consistency
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- For a vegan smoothie, replace the Greek yoghurt with a dairy free milk of your choice, or a dash of water.
It’s that quick and easy. No mess no fuss, just yummy, fruity green smoothie goodness in your tummy in about 5 minutes!
Packing a healthy punch with:
- Kale being high in iron, vitamin K, antioxidants, and a great anti-inflammatory – read more about the amazingness of kale for our bodies here -> 26 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Kale
- Spinach being high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fibre, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium
- Berries having amazing antioxidant content, as well as fibre and many vitamins and minerals
- And so much more healthy goodness from the bananas and orange!
The flavour of the kale obviously differs from bunch to bunch, so if you find your smoothie is a bit bitter, you can always add an extra banana, a drizzle of honey, or a couple of dates to sweeten it up to suit your taste buds.
Fresh is always best, but if you would like to refrigerate this smoothie, place it in an airtight glass container and fill the jar right to the top so that there is very little air trapped inside (oxygen will oxidise the smoothie and reduce the nutrient content). Drink the smoothie in a few hours time, or the next day at the latest.
Healthy and easy to make, this superfood berry green smoothie is delicious as well as nutrient rich and high in vitamins and antioxidants. Perfect for breakfast or a mid afternoon snack!
- 1 cup kale sliced (pulled from the stalks)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 orange juice and pulp
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt heaped (optional)
- dash of water , if necessary
Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
Pour into two glasses, and enjoy!
For a vegan smoothie, replace the Greek yoghurt with a dairy free milk of your choice, or add a dash of water!