Posted on September 25 2018
This is a dairy free, fruit and protein packed vegan breakfast smoothie that is so adaptable to whatever fresh fruit or nut butter you have on hand! In 5 minutes flat you’ll have yourself a delicious and nutritious Pawpaw Strawberry Breakfast Smoothie!
Or your very own version of…It’s also ideal as a pre or post-workout snack, or a mid-morning or mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
This smoothie is actually an old favourite of mine and was one of my very first smoothie recipes that I ever posted on the blog. It’s evolved with me a little over the last few years, and so I’m sharing with you today the New and Improved Version! Drum roll please…..
Man that looks good. And it is YOSY! (Yum Oh So Yum!)
You will also love my 10 Healthy Superfood Fruit Smoothies, my 5 Minute Spinach Apple Green Smoothie, my Immune Boosting Grapefruit Banana Smoothie, my Antioxidant Berry Blaze Smoothie, my Berry Good Kale Green Smoothie, my Healthy Glow Pumpkin Smoothie and my Post Workout Tropical Turmeric Smoothie.
Let’s take a look at what’s in this amazing Pawpaw Strawberry Breakfast Smoothie:
- A whole medium sized tropical pawpaw (aka papaya)
- 6 large sun kissed strawberries, if you can’t get strawberries you can use any berries, or leave them out, the smoothie will still be incredible trust me
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 juicy juicy oranges, add more if you want a thinner smoothie (I find I might need another half depending on the size and juicyness of the oranges)
- And one heaping tablespoon of peanut butter, or any nut butter you like
- Try adding almond milk instead of nut butter, and leave out the extra orange juice for a thinner smoothie that’s almond-y and glorious!
Throw everything into your trusty blender, blitz to silky-smooth fruity, nutty, tropical perfection.
And dare I say, it’s even better than the original which was made with Greek yoghurt – I’ve taken that out as I’m trying to avoid dairy as much as possible, I found it was causing all kinds of unpleasant side effects for me which seems to be a common thing, especially among women.
If you struggle with side effects from eating dairy or are lactose intolerant or vegan, then this quick and easy Pawpaw Strawberry Breakfast Smoothie is perfect for you.
This is a simple papaya smoothie, a humble smoothie if you will. Using widely available fruits and when pawpaw is in season, you will be making this breakfast bullet smoothie on repeat!
Still need convincing?
Take a look at these health benefits of pawpaw or papaya, it is said to:
- Lower cholesterol
- Aid in weight loss
- Boost immunity
- Be good for diabetics
- Be good for your eyes
- Protect against arthritis
- Improve digestion
- Prevent signs of ageing, lorry full of papayas anyone? 😉
- Help prevent stress
That’s one powerful little tropical fruit right there, and all signs point towards the fact that we should be adding pawpaw to our diet on a weekly if not daily basis.
I know you will love this smoothie just as much as I do, so go on, get that blender out and whip up a Pawpaw Strawberry Breakfast Smoothie batch for whoever happens to be around! They’ll love it too.
Let me know what you think in the comments, I love hearing from you!! 🙂
Dairy free, fruit and protein packed vegan smoothie that is tropical and delicious! This Pawpaw Strawberry Breakfast Smoothie is adaptable & simple to make!
- 1 pawpaw (papaya) , medium
- 2 bananas
- 6 strawberries
- 1 tbsp peanut butter ,sugar and salt free (or nut butter of your choice)
- Juice of 2 oranges , large
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until silky smooth.
Add a dash of water or some more fresh orange juice if you want a thinner smoothie. Pour into two large glasses and enjoy!
You can adapt this smoothie to your liking, any berry would be amazing, or leave the berries out, this smoothie will still be completely delicious!